15th September 2019, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to write the Indian Engineering Services exam (IES) while studying B.Tech?

Sir, I am student first year of engineering in electronics and I need government job in electrical department. What should I do? Can I apply for the Indian Engineering Services Exam (IES) while continuing my engineering course?

21st September 2019, 11:58 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to write the Indian Engineering Services exam (IES) while studying B.Tech?

To appear in Indian Engineering Services examination held by UPSC once every year, the minimum education required is a degree in engineering from a university recognized by AICTE. Students pursing final year of their degree in engineering courses are also eligible.

So, being a student of first year of degree in engineering course, you are not eligible for appearing in the IES examination at this stage.

For more details regarding the IES examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?