30th October 2015, 11:12 PM
Abhijeet Phad

Is it possible for any polytechnic students to go for IIT after completion of electronics and telecommunication course?

Is it possible for any polytechnic students to go for IIT after completion of electronics and telecommunication course? What is the eligibility criteria followed and what is the procedure for the same? Can someone please answer me soon?

Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. How to get a government job after completion of my electronics and telecommunication
  2. How may I get details about rules an regulations at government polytechnic Ahmednagar? I'm doing diploma in electronics and telecommunication and in 5th sem
  3. Which course/study can I do after passout SSC exam?
  4. Technical training institutes in Nagpur for Electronics& Telecommunication polytechnic student?
  5. Does this a right choice of opting for MBA in Aviation Management after completion of Graduation in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering?
  6. Which field to choose for in Post Graduation after completion of B.E in Electronics and Telecommunication?
  7. What is the procedure to be followed for doing B.Tech after completion of diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication?
  8. What shall I do after completion of BE in Electronics and Telecommunication for getting best Job in India?
  9. Can I get into IIT after Polytechnic? Is it advisable to do?
  10. Is it possible for me to join ISRO after completion of Diploma Engineering in Electronics and Telecommunication?
  11. Can I study in IIT after Diploma in Electronics & Telelcommunication?
  12. How to join ISRO or DRDO after completion of BE in Electronics and Telecommunication?
  13. Details about companies which provide summer training in Pune and Mumbai for Electronics and Telecommunication students?
  14. What to do for getting admission in Aeronautical Engineering after completion of diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication?
  15. Is there any scope in doing mba after btech in electronics & telecommunication? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. How much percentage is required in electronics and telecommunication?
  17. Is there any 2 weeks internship programme for 3rd year Electronics and Telecommunication students?
  18. How to pursue M.Tech electronics from IIT Madras? I am doing MSc in Electronics from Dharwad
31st October 2015, 07:51 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for any polytechnic students to go for IIT after completion of electronics and telecommunication course?

No, polytechnic passed candidates are not eligible to pursue the B.tech course from the IIT. IIT is known as India's best institute for technical courses. The admission in the institute is on the basis of JEE examination.

But as polytechnic candidates you do not have the eligibility criteria to appear for the examination. The eligibility to appear for the examination is candidates must have passed or appearing for the 10+2 examination with the PCM as main paper.

So you are not eligible to appear for the examination and get the admission in the IIT in the b.tech courses.
31st October 2015, 09:07 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for any polytechnic students to go for IIT after completion of electronics and telecommunication course?

No, you are not eligible to get the admission in the IIT on the basis of your educational qualification.

To get the admission in the IIT in then.tech course the required criteria is candidates must have passed the 10+2 from the recognised board. Candidates must have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main paper in the board examination and after all candidates must have qualified in both the stages Mains as well as Advance of JEE for the final selection.

So you cannot appear for the examination to get the admission.
1st November 2015, 12:33 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhijeet Phad View Post
Is it possible for any polytechnic students to go for IIT after completion of electronics and telecommunication course? What is the eligibility criteria followed and what is the procedure for the same? Can someone please answer me soon?

Thanks!
Polytechnic Students cannot take admission directly in the second year of B.Tech in IITs or NITs on the basis of Lateral Entry Exam.

Actually, IITs don't conduct lateral entry exams to admit diploma holder or polytechnic candidates to their institutes.

The same trend is followed in NITs, IIITs too.

So, if you wish to take admission in IITs for Electronics and Telecommunication branch. Then, you will have to complete your 10+2 with PCM stream.

Then, appear for JEE Main Exam, qualify it and then apply for JEE Advanced Exam.

After qualifying JEE Advanced Exam you can choose your desired branch to pursue in IIT.

There are about 17 IITs established in India. Some of them are:
  • Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi
  • Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur
  • Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur
  • Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Chennai
  • Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Mumbai
  • Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?