8th August 2011, 08:13 PM
sakthinirmal_gk

Is it possible to do M.Tech in CSE field after B.Tech Civil Engineering?

hello.. am doing final year b.tech civil engg. but am interested in computer science engg.
i want to do m.tech.. is it possible for me to do m.tech in cse field?? (i have learnt basics)
please reply..

15th August 2011, 07:57 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do M.Tech in CSE field after B.Tech Civil Engineering?

The common eligibility for applying M.tech in CSE stream is that
"The applicant must have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Master's in Science".

You should even have a sufficient background in Computer Science to complete the degree requirements with reasonable performance.

According to a statement mentioned by IIT's
"We strongly prefer that the GATE score be in Computer Science. GATE score in Information Technology is also acceptable. In rare cases, we may call those candidates for test/interview, who have appeared in GATE in EE, EC, or Maths, and have an exceptionally high score. Those with GATE in these other subjects must have gained some Computer Science background, and it should be clear from their application. (For example, they might have experience in software development. Or they might have done several computer science courses as electives while they were doing their BTech/BE courses.) However, please note that in the last few years, we have not called any such candidate for test/interview"

So, going through basics is not enough you need have the subject in depth for going through M.tech in CSE Stream.
15th August 2011, 09:09 AM
nambardar
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it possible to do M.Tech in CSE field after B.Tech Civil Engineering?

hi dear

the main eligiblity critera for the m. tech is the bechlor degree form a reconiged university.

after it for doing this course you have to apply for the enterance exam GATE...in which you should get a better rank then you surely find the best college
15th August 2011, 11:17 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

no. you can't do M.Tech in CSE field after B.Tech Civil Engineering.

as Civil Engineering and computer science engineering both are different field of engineering.

civil engineering is core branch of engineering, where as computer science engineering is computer engineering they are mainly deal with software filed.

so it is not possible to graduation in a specialization and master in other specialization.

so you must do M.tech in civil engineering.

all the best.......
15th August 2011, 12:13 PM
Azher88

Location: 697/4, Bhola Nagar, Kotla Mubarak pur, New Delhi-110003
Smile Re: Is it possible to do M.Tech in CSE field after B.Tech Civil Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakthinirmal_gk View Post
hello.. am doing final year b.tech civil engg. but am interested in computer science engg.
i want to do m.tech.. is it possible for me to do m.tech in cse field?? (i have learnt basics)
please reply..
Yes this is possible you can do there is no need to worry
22nd January 2012, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

Can i do m.e civil after b.tech i.t
9th March 2012, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

Can I do M.Tech(Civil engineering) after B.Tech(Information Technology) stream
17th July 2020, 12:11 AM
Unregistered

I've done Btech in Civil Engineering but Want to do Mtech in Computer Science. So will I face any problem in college placement?
16th April 2021, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

I graduated civil engineering from Telangana state,i would likee to do m.tech in CSE.what is the procedure to apply?(Except GATE)
13th June 2021, 01:07 AM
Unregistered

is it possible to do ms in computer science after gradution in civil engineering in canada?
11th August 2022, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

Can I do m.tech in computer science after b. Tech in civil engineering????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?