26th August 2020, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to get Teacher's job in Government colleges with two MA's (MA Education and MA Urdu)?

Hi, I have completed my BA and now I am doing two MA. MA in Education and MA in Urdu. How can I get job of a Teacher in Government degree colleges? Do also need to do B.Ed or M.Ed or TTC courses? Or, can I directly get Teacher's post with BA and two MA's?

23rd June 2023, 05:24 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to get Teacher's job in Government colleges with two MA's (MA Education and MA Urdu)?

B.Ed is a professional teaching degree that makes a candidate eligible to become a government teacher at school and college.
The candidate must be a graduate from a recognised board with atleast 50% and above marks .
As you have completed postgraduation, if you are interested in teaching you may apply for B.Ed as most of the schools ask for B.Ed.
There are private schools that hire teachers with graduation and postgraduation degree.
For any reputed school or college or for lecturership , you need B.Ed or PhD degree.
30th June 2023, 04:38 PM
Chandanguriya
Banned

Default Re: Is it possible to get Teacher's job in Government colleges with two MA's (MA Education and MA Urdu)?

Yes, it is possible to get a teacher's job in government colleges with two MA degrees, specifically in Education and Urdu. However, there are a few factors to consider:

1. Eligibility Criteria: Each government college or university may have specific eligibility criteria for teaching positions. Generally, a minimum qualification of a Master's degree in the relevant subject is required. In your case, having an MA in Education and MA in Urdu would fulfill the educational qualification requirement.

2. Qualification and Experience: In addition to the educational qualification, teaching positions often require relevant experience in the field. Some government colleges may prefer candidates with a certain number of years of teaching experience, research publications, or other academic achievements.

3. NET/SLET/Ph.D.: To enhance your chances of securing a teaching job in government colleges, it is beneficial to have qualified in national-level exams like the National Eligibility Test (NET) or State Level Eligibility Test (SLET). These exams assess the eligibility of candidates for the post of Assistant Professor in colleges and universities. Additionally, having a Ph.D. in the relevant field can also be an advantage.

4. Vacancies and Selection Process: Government college teaching positions are subject to availability and the hiring policies of respective educational institutions. Keep an eye on job notifications and advertisements issued by government colleges for teaching positions. The selection process typically includes written exams, interviews, and document verification.

5. Other Requirements: Apart from educational qualifications, there may be additional requirements such as knowledge of local languages, teaching proficiency, and communication skills. Familiarize yourself with the specific requirements mentioned in job notifications and prepare accordingly.

It is recommended to regularly check the official websites of government colleges, employment newspapers, and online job portals for teaching job vacancies. Stay updated with the latest notifications and follow the application process specified by the concerned authorities. Additionally, you can also reach out to the respective colleges' administration or the State Higher Education Department for more information on teaching opportunities and eligibility criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?