2nd November 2018, 01:03 PM
roy kishor sarkar

Is it possible to pursue B.Tech Aeronautical Engineering after Diploma in CSE?

I have completed my Diploma in Computer Science Engineering and wants to pursue B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering. Is it possible? Do I need to write any entrance exam as well for this?

15th November 2018, 12:05 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to pursue B.Tech Aeronautical Engineering after Diploma in CSE?

Candidates are not eligible to change their stream in B.Tech course after admission through lateral entry.

Entrance examination is conducted for admission in B.Tech course through lateral entry and direct admission in 2nd year of B.Tech course. Candidates are not eligible to change stream and eligible to get admission only in the same steam.
15th November 2018, 04:59 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to pursue B.Tech Aeronautical Engineering after Diploma in CSE?

It is possible.

*Diploma in Engineering candidate needs to apply for Lateral Entry Entrance Test. LEET is conducted for admission in Bachelor of Technology course. Diploma candidate must have minimum of 60% marks in diploma.

*You can apply for Joint Entrance Exam for admission in top engineering colleges of India called Indian Institute of Technology.
15th November 2018, 07:01 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

Diploma candidates have two ways to pursue bachelor of Technology course.

One is to apply for Lateral Entry Entrance Test. If you have 60% marks in diploma then you can apply for LEET exam and get admission directly in second year of engineering.

Second is to apply for Joint Entrance Exam and clear it to get admission in IITs.

You can change your stream after qualifying these exams.
15th November 2018, 07:55 PM
Aatma Parivaar
Senior Member+

No, candidates are not eligible to change the stream in the B.Tech course through lateral entry.

So, you are not eligible to get admission in Aeronautical engineering course through lateral entry after diploma in Computer Science stream. Through lateral entry candidates are eligible to get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?