12th January 2016, 12:07 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to be a Reporter if I am only 9th passed?

Sir I am only 9th pass. I want to be a reporter. But I can not read more classes. Is it possible for me? Plz reply sir as soon as possible.

12th January 2016, 11:19 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is it possible to be a Reporter if I am only 9th passed?

Reporters are highly trained professional. In recent years, demand of professional reporters increases unexpectedly due to wide growth of media and communication which creates lot of jobs for youngster and so as increase in competition.
After completing 12th from a recognized University, students can go for Diploma or Bachelor courses related to journalism, most common of them in courses in Mass and communication.
Also, after bachelors degree, students can go for Masters course in journalism.

The students having good fluency in English language get much more success in this field of journalism.
So, only after 9th standard, it is not possible to go for such a high profile job even .
At present time, students need to prove themselves to get any designation and for that great dedication and devotion towards the goal is very necessary.
12th January 2016, 11:39 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

No, as per my point of view you have to study further to become reporter (Journalist).

Eligibility:

A candidate must have done a degree course in Journalism, communication or related fields such as English or Political Science.

Good communication skills are required with basic computer knowledge.

Age 17-25 years.
13th January 2016, 12:35 AM
ruthless
Member+

To become reporter you have to pursue degree in following fields such as in journalism and communication etc.
A reporter is one who helps the people to keep them up to date With the news happening in the world.
After completion of your degree in above field then you can work for carious news channels newspaper etc
13th January 2016, 08:19 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir I am only 9th pass. I want to be a reporter. But I can not read more classes. Is it possible for me? Plz reply sir as soon as possible.
To be a News Reporter, it is not possible to get this post at this very age.

You must have completed at least graduation in Mass Media and Communication to be recruited as a News Reporter in a News Channel Company.

IIMC or Indian Institute of Mass Communication is one such institute that train the candidates for News Anchoring and Reporting.

You will have to qualify entrance exam to get admission into this institute after you pass your 10+2 standard.

Exams are generally conducted in the month of May.

The questions asked in the entrance exam is mainly focussed on following topics:
  • General Awareness
  • Aptitude and Mental Make-up
  • Language Capability
  • Analytical & Comprehensional Skills
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?