15th October 2012, 02:13 AM
highzik88

Is it possible to use TOEFL IBT material to prepare for TOEFL PBT?

Please, I would like to know if it is possible for me to use a TOEFL IBT material to prepare for TOEFL PBT. If it is not possible, where can I get practice materials for TOEFL PBT. Thanks

15th October 2012, 05:10 PM
bhaskar51

Default Re: Is it possible to use TOEFL IBT material to prepare for TOEFL PBT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by highzik88 View Post
Please, I would like to know if it is possible for me to use a TOEFL IBT material to prepare for TOEFL PBT. If it is not possible, where can I get practice materials for TOEFL PBT. Thanks
The TOEFL iBT test measures your ability to use and understand English at the university level. And it evaluates how well you combine your listening, reading, speaking and writing skills to perform academic tasks.

There are two formats for the TOEFL test. The format you take depends on the location of your test center. Most test takers take the TOEFL iBT test. Test centers that do not have Internet access offer the Paper-based Test (PBT).so you understand what is your question
25th November 2014, 02:20 AM
PaperListExpert

Default Re: Is it possible to use TOEFL IBT material to prepare for TOEFL PBT?

TOEFL iBT and PBT differs in more ways such as -
  • PBT score ranges from 310 to 677 whereas, iBT score ranges from 0-120.
  • There is Grammar section in PBT in place of Speaking whereas, there is Speaking section in iBT in place of Grammar.
  • Reading section in PBT remains of 300 words whereas, it is of 700 words in iBT.
  • PBT requires only 1 essay whereas, iBT requires 2 essays.
Hence, it is not feasible to use PBT materials to prepare for iBT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?