10th April 2019, 08:21 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to apply for cancellation of Election Duty?

How I can cancel my election duty as I am suffering from Hypertension & Chest Pain? What is the standard procedure to apply for cancellation of my Election Duty in this coming Election?

15th April 2019, 11:35 AM
Infant angel
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to apply for cancellation of Election Duty?

As per the rules and regulation of Election commission, you cannot deny or refuse to do election duty. If you do so, FIR can be filed against you.

If you have a valid reason and supporting documents for your medical condition then you can contact your election commissioner to cancel your election duty along with a written application.
12th August 2020, 11:03 PM
deepikapandey9999

Election Commission will not accept any Excuse no matter what except it is a death in your family (not relatives but just family) and you have to prove it with certificates (if not immediately, may be later on).

If you still resist some disciplinary actions might be taken against you because to accept your excuse is not in hands of your superiors but Election Commission and they go through a long and tiring process to organize elections state wise or nationwide.

I suggest, you just go for it if you have no emergency, it will be fun and a new experience. If you have already done it before then you should accept the fact that it can not be avoided.
13th March 2021, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

How to write a letter to cancel my election duty because both husband and wife posted for election duty
6th October 2022, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

How to write a letter to cancel election duty due to marriage in neighbourhood
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?