21st February 2018, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to change mother's name on passport while applying for renewal of passport?

I am doing graduation my birth certificate is printed with my real mother name but she was dead when I was 4 years old and my 10th CBSE mark sheet is with my step mothers name. Now there is problems in renewal my passport? What should I do?

15th April 2018, 01:12 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to change mother's name on passport while applying for renewal of passport?

You simply have to follow the below-mentioned steps to get the solution to your problem:

1. First of all, you have to visit the official website of passport India. You can directly visit the website by clicking the link given below;
http://passportindia.gov.in/

2. After that, you have to log in with credential available to you. If you are a new user, then you have to tap on sign up.

3. After logging in, you have to apply for Re-Issue of passport.

4. Here, you have to fill all details as per latest document you have. You can update your stepmom name here.

5. After completing the application form, you have to pay a fee of Rs. 1500/- and take the appointment for document verification.

6. After documents verification, a police verification will be carried out.

7. On successful police verification, your passport will be delivered to your address.
1st August 2020, 11:54 AM
deepikapandey9999

Default Re: Procedure to change mother's name on passport while applying for renewal of passport?

Simple answer is “Yes”. Now , there are two types of police verification.

First police verification is completed and the designated police officer sends verified correctly to the passport office and they print and send you the passport.
Post Verification : This happens in Tatkal application or if you are able to meet regional passport officer and request him to get passport early due to sudden need of travel or visa interview etc. Then even though the status of Passport applicatIon is Normal , your case gets expedited like Tatkal , if Passport officer approves your request(you know how to get approved <wink>).In both these cases you will get two messages , police verification request send to local police station and also that your passport is printed and dispatched.You will get your passport first and then police verification will happen as and when the assigned officer calls you. To expedite police verification , you can contact the local police station assigned for your verification and get verified by contacting them rather than waiting for call.
So, police verification is a must .

Only circumstance that I can think of when police verification may not be required, if everything in your passport is same as old passport. But , I highly doubt this too
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?