20th September 2015, 01:26 AM
Unregistered

Procedure of doing PhD Zoology in 2016? Scope of this course and top universities for it?

I am completing my M Sc in Zoology in jun 2016. I want to do Ph D in Zoology. please guide me what is the procedure and where should I appear in entrance so that my future is secured. what are the scope available for me.Which are top most universities available.Please send the detail

Related Questions:
20th September 2015, 07:40 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure of doing PhD Zoology in 2016? Scope of this course and top universities for it?

First of all you need to complete your M.Sc with 55% marks. If you wish to get admission in top universities or institutes then try to qualify exams like UGC NET/SET 2016 or qualify some JRF exam in your field.

Once the notification for admission is announced by the university then you can apply on a prescribed format according to the notification. If you have got NET/SET/JRF qualification then you will be exempted from entrance exam. There will be interview stage which will decide the merit for admission. After completion of PH.D you can work as academician or join some research and development company.
21st September 2015, 01:25 AM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Procedure of doing PhD Zoology in 2016? Scope of this course and top universities for it?

You can apply for Ph.D In Zoology course after completion of Master In Zoology with any specialization.Each university conducts entrance exam for Ph.D In Zoology admission.

Eligibility
- You must have passed Master In Zoology course with any specialization from recognized university.
- You have to qualify the entrance exam for Ph.D admission in zoology.

Syllabus Topics for Entrance Exam
- Applied Biology
- Ecological Principles
- Inheritance Biology
- Evolution & Behaviour
- Developmental Biology
- Cellular Organization
- Diversity of Life Forms
- Fundamental Processes

Best Colleges Offering Ph.D In Zoology
- Presidency College , Chennai
- Yadava College , Madurai
- St.Alberts College , Kochi
- Erode Arts College
- Christ College , Thrissur
- Ayya Nadar Janki Ammal College , Shivakasi
- Ramnarain Ruia College , Mumbai
- Sanatan Dharma College , Chennai

Career Scope

You can start career as a
- Veterinarian
- Wildlife Biologist
- Animal Breeder
- Animal Caretaker
- Lab Technician
- Forensic Expert
- Zoo Curator
- Zoo Keeper
- Animal Trainer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?