28th February 2012, 10:55 AM
jayksekar

Procedure to get admission for M.Tech course in NITs? How to get admission for this course?

Hello,
May I know the procdure for NIT admission into M.Tech?
When the advt will comeee?
How admissions are made?
Sekar

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to apply for the NITs?
  2. What is the selection procedure of BCA students in NITs?
  3. In which college will I get after scoring 4200 rank?
  4. Best Engineering Colleges in India? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Admission procedure of part time M.Tech through PGCET? Good colleges, fees availability of forms?
  6. Which IITs and NITs offer M.Sc. in electronics?
  7. What are my chances to get admission in NITs after scoring 310 marks? In which NITs can I get?
  8. Which are the colleges offering Post Graduation in Food Technology?
  9. Am I eligible to apply in NIT college after completion of diploma course? -- [New]
  10. Procedure to get admission for M.Tech course in NITs? How to get admission for this course?
  11. Any chance to take admission for M.Tech? What is the procedure to get admission? I have got 58% in final year B.E in IT
  12. Is it between to do M.Tech with AICTE recognition or UGC recognition? Universities or institutes that are recognized? Where can I get admission?
  13. How much marks are required for M.Tech EE in NIT?
  14. Can I get admission in other states for lateral entry in government colleges? Do IITs and NITs provide admission through LET?
  15. Can I get into IIT after scoring 41 marks in GATE?
  16. How to get admission in M.Tech? I am currently in 3rd year IT
  17. Different branches related to distance M.Tech? Fee structure and admission procedure of the course?
  18. GATE score required for admission in NITs? Do NITs conduct their own interview and written test like IIT's? After M.Tech what are the chances of getting placed and how much package can I get?
8th February 2013, 01:04 PM
venugopal1219

Post Re: Procedure to get admission for M.Tech course in NITs? How to get admission for this course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayksekar View Post
Hello,
May I know the procdure for NIT admission into M.Tech?
When the advt will comeee?
How admissions are made?
Sekar
ans:
The procedure is simple and straight, you can easily understand the admission to NITs through these easy steps.

==>Once GATE results are announced check your scores and make sure you have a Valid GATE Score (it also mean that your are qualified in GATE)

==>Wait for Admission Notices for M.Tech Admission in NITs . Meanwhile, you can check last year Cutoff scores to have an idea where you stand you can also refer to GATE percentile analysis or GATE Score analysis. Usually NIT admission notice start in the mid of April.

==>Once the admission notice is issued in an NIT where you want to apply, visit their official web site, download application form.

==>Fill application and attached a DD of application form and send them to NITs you are applying form, make sure they reach before last date. (India is famous for postal disorders to be careful either sends them by register post or speed post, keep all the receipts safe till admissions are over, you can also write the name of NIT you paid for to easy identification.)

==> Usually NITs call all GATE and Non GATE applicants but I rarely saw them taking any candidate without GATE score. They say incase of non availability of GATE qualified candidate they will consider non-GATE candidates.

==>If the applied candidates are more then the applied candidates are short listed on certain criteria like given in GATE percentile for IITs. The date of announcement short listed candidates will be given in call for admissions.

==>You can visit the NIT admission site for checking if you are among short listed candidates. They usually call 1:3 (three candidates for one seat) and there will be a written test/ interview or both to select best possible candidates. Test is a sure thing for Non-Gate Candidates.

==>If you are short listed, GREAT!!!!, get ready to visit NITs and knock the doors of few best engineering schools of the nation.
Book your tickets well in advance and prepare well for test or interview. Do refer tp general Tips for M.Tech admission if you time, you may find it useful too.

==>Some NITs will give you travel expenses and accommodate you in campus, so you can visit a day before. For more details read these posts preparing to go for interview and written test.

==>Sometimes they announce result on the same day or may take time too. You can visit their official site to check if you are admitted.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?