1st April 2011, 09:21 PM
pardeepsinghbhumbla

Procedure to join as IPS in Chandigarh Police? Is there any reservation for engineers? What is the minimum age limit?

is there any procedure in IPS for chandigarh police and is there any reservation for engineers and what is its minimum age limit?

5th April 2015, 05:48 AM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

Default Re: Procedure to join as IPS in Chandigarh Police? Is there any reservation for engineers? What is the minimum age limit?

There is no reservation for engineers in the I.P.S.(Indian police service) exam which is conducted by the Union public service commission of India. And as you mention that you want to join I.P.S. in Chandigarh as I.P.S. that's not necessary that you will get the posting in I.P.S. in Chandigarh you can got posted in any region of India but that all will depend on your rank that you have got in entrance test.

All the I.P.S. officers are selected through I.A.S. entrance test where it is not necessary that you will get posted in your home state region but if you will be in top merit list then only a little chance to post in home state to be posted.

eligibility for the I.P.S. is -
1. Candidate should be an Indian citizen.
2. Candidate should be Graduate from any stream.
3. Should be physically fit.
4. Age limit is 21-32 Years.

Age Relaxation -:
1.For BC relaxation is maximum 3 years.
2.Age relaxation for the SC is up to 5 years maximum.

Exam Pattern is as-:
1. Preliminary Exam.
2. Mains exam.
3. Physical test or Medical
4. Interview
NOTE- There is no special exam is conducted to join I.P.S. services but these are selected through the I.A.S.
NOTE-: For further Updates you can check on its page www.upsconline.nic.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?