24th March 2015, 04:26 PM
Arpit PRAKASH

Procedure and requirements to join Indian Navy for 15 years old candidate who have eyesight of +1.5 left eye and 0.75 right eye?

Hello,
The power of my left eye is +1.5 and right eye is 0.75
My age is 15 and I am desperate to join Indian Navy. Please send me information how to apply and requirements?
With Regards-
Arpit Prakash

23rd April 2015, 03:15 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure and requirements to join Indian Navy for 15 years old candidate who have eyesight of +1.5 left eye and 0.75 right eye?

There is not any procedure to join Indian Navy at the age of 15.For joining Indian Navy you must be at least 16.5 years old.

One can join Indian Navy through NDA exam which is conducted by UPSC twice a year.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy.It has three wings;

Indian Military Academy.

Indian Naval Academy.

Indian Air Force Academy.

The criteria which has to be fulfilled to get admission in NDA are following:-

-The candidate must be a citizen of India.

-The age limit for the candidate is 16.5 years to 19 years.

-Only unmarried male candidate can apply for the exam.

-The qualification required to join NDA is 12th class of 10+2 education system from a recognized board for Indian Military Academy and 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics for Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy.

-The candidate should be physically fit as per the Physical Standards required to join NDA.

-The minimum height for a NDA candidate to join Indian Army should not be less than 157 cm,Chest should be 5cm when expand,Eye Sight should be 6/6 and minimum weight requirement is 50kg.

-The selection process involves written examination followed by personal interview by Service Selection Board.

-The Written exam constitutes of 2 subjects,

* Maths -300 marks

* General Ability Test-600 marks

The time duration for the written exam is 2 1/2 hours.
24th April 2015, 12:34 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure and requirements to join Indian Navy for 15 years old candidate who have eyesight of +1.5 left eye and 0.75 right eye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arpit PRAKASH View Post
Hello,
The power of my left eye is +1.5 and right eye is 0.75
My age is 15 and I am desperate to join Indian Navy. Please send me information how to apply and requirements?
With Regards-
Arpit Prakash
You are not eligible for Indian Navy through NDA exam now because your age is below 16.5 years.

Procedure for NDA exam:-

1.Written test
2.Physical test
3.Medical
4.Interview

Written test is conducted by UPSC but other 3 steps are conducted by SSB.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

I have attached the document of NDA exam for physical criteria so please check it out.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Physical Requirements for NDA.txt(3.2 KB, 39 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?