7th November 2021, 08:06 PM
Pavithra. J

Qualification and procedure required for Optometrist job?

I have completed my BSc optometry at nethradhama superspeciality eye hospital. I wanted to work in private sector as an optometrist. I would like to know about the required qualifications and the procedures regarding the same.

10th November 2021, 11:26 AM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Qualification and procedure required for Optometrist job?

Qualification Required to become an Optometrist:-

Education Required:-

To become Optometrists, you have completed 4 year bachelor degree program, preferably in a relevant field such as biology, chemistry, Or physiology. You will require a bachelor's degree to apply for optometry programs. optometry programs typically take an additional four years to complete.
All optometrists have to pass rigorous nationally administered exams to earn their license to practice.

Optometrists can pursue M.S. ,M.Phil, Ph.D or OD degree after completion of Bachelors in Optometry.

Procedure :-

You can enter In this field , just by doing diploma after high school. You can also pursue certificate and associate's degree programs in opticianry that may be preferred by some employers & be licensed.

Those students have a diploma certificate, they can directly begin earning by working with an Opthalmologist, an Eye Hospital, and an Optician or even start his own practice as an Optician.
10th November 2021, 10:58 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Default Re: Qualification and procedure required for Optometrist job?

To become Optometrists, you have completed 4 year bachelor degree program, preferably in a relevant field such as biology, chemistry, or physiology. You will require a bachelor's degree to apply for optometry programs. Optometry programs typically take an additional four years to complete.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?