3rd July 2020, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

Are regular Polytechnic Diploma course of 3 years equivalent to 11th and 12th?

Hello Sir, I have completed my 10th Board exam and now I am thinking to join Polytechnic Diploma course instead of doing 11th and 12. Can I do so? I heard that Polytechnic Diploma is equivalent to Intermediate. Is it true?

6th July 2020, 08:26 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are regular Polytechnic Diploma course of 3 years equivalent to 11th and 12th?

Yes, Polytechnic Diploma course is considered equivalent to 11th and 12th standard.

You can do Polytechnic Diploma instead of doing 11th and 12th standard from a recognized institute. After diploma, you can take lateral entry admission to a bachelor course.

Other option is to get job on the basis of your diploma education.

Note that in some institutes, you can't get admission on the basis of your Diploma education. Like in IITs, admission is allowed for 11th, 12th passed candidates only after they qualify JEE Main entrance exam.
6th September 2020, 03:16 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Default Re: Are regular Polytechnic Diploma course of 3 years equivalent to 11th and 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir, I have completed my 10th Board exam and now I am thinking to join Polytechnic Diploma course instead of doing 11th and 12. Can I do so? I heard that Polytechnic Diploma is equivalent to Intermediate. Is it true?
Only in Punjab, Haryana ,Uttar pradesh are the states where polytechnic diploma is not equivalent to intermediate,and only Gujarat has officially declared diploma in polytechnic is equivalent to intermediate
I would suggest you to complete 12.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?