8th January 2019, 09:32 AM
Unregistered

Requirements to join Indian Navy for 12th Science girl candidate?

Hi friends, I am studying in 12th standard with Science stream. I want to join Indian Navy. I am a girl candidate and came to know that there are lots of restrictions to enter in Navy field. I just want to know about the requirements to join Indian Navy for me. Please tell me immediately.

13th January 2019, 12:39 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Requirements to join Indian Navy for 12th Science girl candidate?

Being a girl and a student of Class 12th, you are not eligible to join Indian defense services wings at this stage as the door for girl/female candidates to join Indian defense sector open once they complete their graduation degree course.

For details regarding the career opportunities available for your in Indian Navy according to your qualification, you can refer to the link www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
14th January 2019, 08:15 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

For 12th pass candidate, there is NDA exam only to join Indian Navy directly. But to appear for NDA Exam, you must be unmarried male candidate.

As you are a girl/female candidate, so you cannot apply for NDA Exam.

However, after graduation, you can apply for CDS Exam that will give you entry to Indian Navy.
14th January 2019, 11:01 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to join Indian Navy being a girl candidate. As per UPSC guidelines, only unmarried male candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a recognised board are eligible to apply for NDA examination for joining in Indian Navy. So, being a female candidate, you are not eligible to apply for NDA examination for joining in Indian Navy.
15th January 2019, 08:48 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

After 12th board examination, there is one examination called National Defence Academy examination.

1. The eligibility criteria for NDA exam states that only unmarried male Indian citizens can apply for the exam.

Female candidates can not apply for NDA examination. After bachelor's degree, you can apply for CDS exam to join Indian Naval academy.
15th January 2019, 10:32 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Union Public Service Commission conducts National Defence Academy examination. The minimum academic qualification required for this examination is senior secondary board exam passed with PCM subjects for Indian Navy. The age criteria for this examination is 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

As per eligibility criteria only unmarried male candidates can apply for exam. Female candidates are not eligible for NDA examination. So, you can not apply for NDA examination.
15th January 2019, 06:17 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

National Defence Academy is entrance examination for joining Navy after senior secondary board examination.

Unmarried male Indian candidates can apply for Indian Navy. Female candidates can not apply for NDA examination.
18th January 2019, 07:43 AM
Meg24

Yes,you have heard it right .There are few restrictions in the Navy field for direct entry to women.
Indian Navy recruits candidates at the 10+2 level and at the graduation level through the exams conducted by UPSC -that is NDA and CDS respectively.
But NDA recruits only male candidates who have completed or pursuing their 12th.
So you can apply only for the CDS exam which is conducted by UpSC at the graduation level.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?