12th March 2019, 07:42 AM
Unregistered

Requirements to join Naval Academy for 10th student?

Hi Sir, I am waiting for my result of 10th standard. I have given the Board exam and I want to join Naval Academy after my 10th. Can you please help me to know about the requirements for joining the same?

15th March 2019, 02:53 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Requirements to join Naval Academy for 10th student?

You can join Naval Academy after qualify in the NDA/NA examination.

The examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed 12th or pursuing in it with PCM as main paper.

So, you can pursue PCM in 12th, if you want to join Naval Academy.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th March 2019, 04:22 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

NDA/NA stands for National Defence Academy/Naval Academy. It is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year. The minimum academic qualification required to apply for NDA examination is 12th passed from a recognized board.

You can not apply for NDA/NA examination after 10th standard. The age criteria is 16.5 to 19.5 years. You should apply after 12th board exam.
15th March 2019, 04:40 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to join Naval Academy being a 10th standard student. To be eligible to join Naval Academy, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Mathematics and Physics subjects from a government recognised board. You should be an unmarried male candidate in the age range of 16.5 to 19.5 years to be eligible to join Naval Academy through NDA examination. So, being a 10th standard student, you are not eligible to join Naval Academy and you need to pursue 12th standard to be eligible to join Naval Academy.
15th March 2019, 06:58 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

NDA/ NA examination is conducted by UPSC for final selection. It is conducted twice in a year.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12h from a recognised board. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. You have to appear and qualify in Written and SSB for final selection.

The candidates must have passed or pursing in 12th with PCM as main paper.

To get more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in. So, you can select the couse as per the required qualification.
13th June 2019, 11:57 PM
Deepanshu3010

To join Naval academy first of all you have to complete your class 12th.

After completing your class 12th you have to apply for NDA/NA exam which is conducted twice in a year by UPSC. The exam is held in the month of April and September.

So, first of all complete your class 12th with a decent percentage and then apply for the exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?