23rd March 2019, 01:30 PM
Dharsani preethi

Requirements to study BDS in AFMC for 12th candidate?

Hello Sir, I have completed my 12th and now I want to study BDS course in AFMC. I would lie to know that what are the requirements for doing this BDS course in AFMC? Can you please tell me about the requirements?

25th March 2019, 08:02 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Requirements to study BDS in AFMC for 12th candidate?

AFMC refers to Armed Forces Medical College and as far as you are concerned about the requirements to pursue BDS ( Bachelor of Dental Science ) degree course from the same then I would like to let you know that AFMC does not offer BDS degree course and hence no question is valid about AFMC BDS admissions.

For more details regarding different courses offered by AFMC along with its eligibility conditions, you can refer to the link www.afmc.nic.in.
26th March 2019, 05:13 PM
Infant angel
Senior Member+++++

The AFMC only conducts examination for MBBS course only. However, you can pursue BDS through AIPMT now known as NEET .

You can also pursue BDS from ARMY DENTAL CORPS situated in Hyderabad is a dental college which helps students pursue BDS course. They have limited seats.
You would need to apply for the course online or offline. The selection would be based on written test and Physical test.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:-

You must have at least 60% in your 10+2 with physics, chemistry and biology.
You must have attained the age of 17 years but should not be more than 21 years.
Once you have completed your BDS, you can apply for MDS in AFMC collge.
28th March 2019, 10:46 AM
Unregistered

AFMC recruits mbbs students, And yes if you are interested in pursuing BDS then you can persue BDS from ACDS.
Army College of Dental Science admits students in ACDS BDS course in the academic year 2019-20. Interested candidates will have to register online at KNRUHS website by paying the registration fee for attending the counselling session. Admission to UG Courses (BDS) in Army College of Dental Sciences (ACDS) will be done on the basis of National Eligibility cum Entrance Test 2019
28th March 2019, 09:47 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Only unmarried candidates can apply and those who have passed 10 + 2 from recognised board with minimum 60% marks in PCB is the minimum required qualification to appear in NEET examination to apply in AFMC.
But let me tell you that AFMC doesn't provide BDS.
28th March 2019, 10:24 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

AFMC college is located in Pune and I must tell you that BDS is not provided by this college.
One who is interested to pursue MBBS has to qualify the NEET examination and must have passed 10 + 2 with PCB stream with at least 60% marks from a recognised board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?