28th June 2020, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

Which Science subject combination is required to join Indian Navy?

Hi, I have completed my 12th Board exams from Science stream with subject combination of Physics, Chemistry and Biology. So, now am I eligible to join Indian Navy?

30th June 2020, 01:50 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which Science subject combination is required to join Indian Navy?

Candidates can join Indian Navy after completion of 12th standard by cracking NDA Exam.

But the required academic qualification is completion of 10+2 with Mathematics and Physics subjects.

Since you don't have Mathematics subject in your 10+2, you are not eligible to make entry into Indian Navy through NDA mode.

However you are eligible to join Indian Army by cracking the same NDA Exam as candidates from any stream in 10+2 are eligible to apply for Army wing.

If you are interested in Army, you can apply for NDA Exam for Army wing. Otherwise I suggest you to join Graduation with Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects.

After completion of Graduation, you can make entry into Indian Navy by cracking CDS Exam.

Have preparation for CDS Exam from the 2nd year of your Graduation itself so that it is easy to score more marks.
30th June 2020, 03:40 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Having completed your Class 12th in Science stream with PCB combination, you are eligible for joining Indian Navy only as a Sailor as for other opportunities in Indian Navy, one is required to have opted for PCM group combination.

Further, you can join as a sailor, if you are an unmarried Indian male candidate with your age lying within 17 years to 21 years.

For complete details regarding various entries available for you in Indian Navy, you can refer to the link www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
30th June 2020, 07:18 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

For recruitment in Indian Navy through NDA and other entry the required educational qualification is that candidate must have passed 12th in PCM from a recognised board.

So, you are not eligible to join Indian Navy through NDA after 12th PCB.

Examination is conducted in two stages for the recruitment. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?