12th August 2020, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

Which Science subject combination is required to study B.Sc Agriculture and B.Sc Forestry?

Hi Sir, myself Shreya. I have taken PCMC subject combination 2nd PUC. Would I be able to get admission in any recognized colleges for studying B.Sc degree course in Agriculture or B.Sc in Forestry? If not, then any other related Graduate degree courses which I can do with PCMC subjects?

14th August 2020, 11:47 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which Science subject combination is required to study B.Sc Agriculture and B.Sc Forestry?

Having opted for PCMC (i.e; Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Computer Science) subject combination for your Class 12th, you are certainly eligible to pursue Degree Course in Agriculture or Forestry (B.Sc. in Agriculture/Forestry) as the minimum education required for admission to these degree courses is a higher secondary school degree in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/ Biology/ Agriculture as main subjects from a recognised board of education.
14th August 2020, 04:04 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which Science subject combination is required to study B.Sc Agriculture and B.Sc Forestry?

Yes, you are eligible for B.Sc Agriculture or Forestry.

The common eligibility to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board in science stream.

Entrance examination is conducted by various institutions for admission in the course.
14th August 2020, 06:38 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

If the candidate fulfill eligibility criteria then yes you can apply for B.Sc in Agriculture or Forestry.
Marks scored:- 50% in 10+2 from recognised board
Subjects Required:- Physics, Chemistry and Biology
Entrance exam:- ICAR AIEEA UG 2020(national level examination, conducted for admission of candidates in B.Sc ).
List of colleges that offers Agriculture course in B.Sc:-
i)Anbil Dharmalingam Agricultural College And Research Institute-[ADAC&RI], Tiruchirappalli
ii)Chandigarh University -[CU],Chandigarh
iii)Sardarkrushinagar Dantiwada Agricultural University - [SDAU], Palanpur
iv)Kerala Agricultural University, College Of Horticulture Vellanikkara , THRISSUR
v)Acharya NG Ranga Agricultural University - [ANGRAU], Guntur
vi)Lovely Professional University - [LPU], JALANDHAR
vi)Vivekananda College Of Agricultural , BULDHANA
15th August 2020, 11:58 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility to get admission in B.Sc Agriculture and B.Sc Forestry course is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology as main paper.

So, you are eligible to get admission in the course after qualifying in entrance examination conducted by various institutions.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?