13th January 2020, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

Which Science subject combination is required for studying Commercial Pilot course?

Hi, I have completed my 12th Board exams from Science stream with subject combination of Physics, Biology and Chemistry. I do not had Mathematics in my Intermediate but in my 10th Board exams I had Mathematics. So, can I study a course in Commercial Airplane Pilot?

16th January 2020, 11:43 PM
maniraut23

Default Re: Which Science subject combination is required for studying Commercial Pilot course?

To become a commercial pilot, you need to have a Commercial Pilot License and you can get the CPL by doing your flying training for 129 hours to complete 250 hours of flying. Training facilities are available with Flying Clubs in India and some of them are Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Academy (in Rae Bareilly, UP), Private Academies or Flying Schools in USA, Europe, Australia, the Gulf, etc.

And to apply for Commercial pilot license, the eligibility is you must have completed 10+2 in science stream having subject Physics and Mathematics.
18th January 2020, 11:15 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which Science subject combination is required for studying Commercial Pilot course?

No, for pursuing Commercial Pilot course, you should have studied 10+2 with PCM stream (i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics).

Without these subject combination (especially Physics and Mathematics), you won't get admission in Commercial Pilot Training institutes.

Alternatively, now you can appear for Mathematics subject only as a Private candidate by filling form from Regional Board Office (only if you are ready to wait for another year).

Then, after passing Mathematics subject, you can take admission in Commercial Pilot training institute.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?