9th November 2010, 06:21 PM
frquery2010

Scope of MS Degree in Manufacturing Management ?

I am a working professional now pursuing BITS Pilani MS degree in manufacturing management.Please somebody share the views on the future use of this MS degree, say for getting in to teaching line or for doing PhDs.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the syllabus for MS entrance exam in BITS?
  2. Is it possible to do MBA after B.Tech in Biotechnology? Scope of an MBA degree in future?
  3. Jobs in Pharma Manufacturing company? What is the scope in it?
  4. Which are the courses related to electronics in production engineering?
  5. Is it a good decision to move from Master degree in Electrical Engineering to Engineering Management? Is Engineering Management better than Electrical Engineering? What is the scope of Engineering Management in USA as well as in India?
  6. Where Hostel Management course is offered? How to get admission and scope after this course? -- [New]
  7. What can I do after passing BSc engineering? I am doing BSc engineering in industrial and production engineering
  8. Can I do M.Tech in Mechanical, Aerospace, Robotics or any other branch after doing B.Tech in Manufacturing engineering after B.Tech in Manufacturing Engineering? Can I do it in USA or UK? Scope of Manufacturing
  9. Which has the highest pay and scope among design,thermal and manufacturing engineering?
  10. What is the scope of Master Of Environment Management degree in India?
  11. Any good topics to do project in HRM?
  12. Which are the courses related to electronics in production engineering?
  13. Best books for Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Maths for various Medical and Non-Medical entrance exams? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Role of production engineering in IT industries?
  15. How much package will I be offered after completing BSc Biotechology compared to B.Tech Biotechnology?
  16. Are the BITS Pilani courses like MS In Manufacturing Management, Software System, Quality Management and Consultance Management approved by AICTE?
  17. Manufacturing Technology or Thermal Engineering, which specialization has wide scope in M.Tech?
  18. Hot to make a career in drugs manufacturing in pharmaceutical companies?
14th November 2010, 01:30 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Scope of MS Degree in Manufacturing Management ?

BITS PILANI one of the best institute in indie if you are doing MS in that institute you need to not worry its a good base for going any direction.and
FOR MS people research field is most suitable field.
15th November 2010, 09:18 PM
Sneha1247

Thumbs up Re: Scope of MS Degree in Manufacturing Management ?

Hi!!!!
You can go for any field as you are doing MS in manufacturing management. You can get a job in any manufacturing company as a manger or a senior executive. So carry on!!!!

with best wishes!!!!
1st December 2010, 11:38 PM
Unregistered

ms in manufacturing management
15th December 2010, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

hai,
I am also doing in MS in manufacturing management in BITS,Pilani, Hope we have a bright future near by.
Regards
Ravikumar
24th December 2010, 10:34 AM
Unregistered

Hi all, am also doing MSMM at bits, am working in Singapore and like to
Share some notes which help on our exams, if so pls reach me at
[email protected]

Thanks

Shiva~G
30th December 2010, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

i am vikram from tamilnadu, i have completed my m.b.a (marketing) degree with b.e mechanical as my background. i have seen the advertisement regarding the program for m.s manufacturing.
can you please tell me what is the procedure to apply for that one
11th January 2011, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

hi, i m a mechanical engineer and now i m pursuing my ms in Manufacturing management from Canada. can u pls share ur views on scope of this course in India?
13th January 2011, 09:42 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: Scope of MS Degree in Manufacturing Management ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frquery2010 View Post
I am a working professional now pursuing BITS Pilani MS degree in manufacturing management.Please somebody share the views on the future use of this MS degree, say for getting in to teaching line or for doing PhDs.
Dear friend,
According to my opinion Birla Institute of Technology and science(BITS) is one of the best institute for MS distence education,for full time i will suggest you IIM nothing else..
18th January 2011, 03:31 PM
Unregistered

Hi,

I would like to know how to apply for MS in manufacturing management?

Please help me out
19th January 2011, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

To be frank this degree doesnt hold the value what we expected and we are paying for. I am an ex student of MS
19th March 2011, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

I am a Metallurgical Engineer and like to do MS off campus( Manufacturing Management) from Bits, Pilani. Interested to know the validity of the course. How it can be compared with the Executive GMP or XLRI Satellite course or IIMK Distance coursed? Can any one answer it?
23rd March 2011, 10:28 PM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
According to my knowledge -
BITS PILANI one of the best institute in indie if you are doing MS in that institute you need to not worry its a good base for going any direction.and
Thanks.
13th April 2011, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

Hi,

Im a mechanical engg but im currently working in Mainframes domain for 3yrs now im planing to do MS in Mechanical Engg in BITS distance education
So could u please suggest me let me know the scope and placement ? & also apprximate salary
14th April 2011, 09:14 AM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

Dear friend,

good luck.............
25th April 2011, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

The question already asked by several readers is also what I want to ask to Ex-students of this Course. I am working in OIL & GAS Sector. However I have an interest and a plan to come to academics in future. How would I be benefited by this course?? Is there any other bright option or field of work if one wishes to switch over??
29th April 2011, 01:22 AM
AYUSH KUMAR YADAV
Senior Member+

BITS PILANI one of the best institute in indie if you are doing MS in that institute
17th May 2011, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
To be frank this degree doesnt hold the value what we expected and we are paying for. I am an ex student of MS
Could you forward your mail or mobile no. Before taking admission into it I like to enquire more about it.
6th June 2011, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

After completing my MS in Manufacturing Management from BITS Pilani in 2004, I got admission for PhD (Manufacturing Technology)in Costa Rica and completed the same last year in 2010. I am a Professor in an Engineering College
6th June 2011, 03:02 PM
virajit

Quote:
The question already asked by several readers is also what I want to ask to Ex-students of this Course. I am working in OIL & GAS Sector. However I have an interest and a plan to come to academics in future. How would I be benefited by this course?? Is there any other bright option or field of work if one wishes to switch over??
I have done this course MS (MM)from BITS, Pilani in 2004 after this I got admission for my PhD in Manufacturing ataechnology from University of Costa Rica and completed last year in Oct 2010. I am now working as a Professor in an Engineering College and doing well in my career. The BITS MS Program is approved by joint comittee of AICTE/UGC/DEC. If any one is interested I can forward the copy
5th July 2011, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

Mr. Virajit, can u pl mail the copy of BITS MS MM approved (AICTE/UGC) [email protected]

Thanks
19th July 2011, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

dear all
I got admission in to MS MM from BITS PILANI , this year
I need guidance from the seniors. can you please give your email id or phone number so that i can clarify.
can anybody please give answers for my questions

1. i have registered first sem for JUNE 2011
19th July 2011, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

FROM PRAKASH
[email protected]

Dear all
I got admission into MS MM from BITS PILANI in JUNE 2011.
i seek guidance from my seniors , seniors can u please give your email id or phone numbers, so that i can clarify my doubts

thank you
12th August 2011, 03:38 PM
babu.11b

i need applying procedure for ms manufacturing mangement in BITS, PILANI.
PLS GUIDE ME. i am hv confusion about mentor consent form
12th August 2011, 03:52 PM
babu.11b

hi i need details about distance learning ms manu.mangement like admission application fill-up(mentor consent form), fees sturcture, exams and exams center, pls help me out.
12th August 2011, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

i need admission details about bits distance learning ms(manu.mangemen) this year , pls help me, my mail is [email protected]
20th August 2011, 01:36 AM
Unregistered

what is the scope of PGDCA after BA?
27th September 2011, 01:22 AM
Unregistered

I am dhilip kumar, Now i go to asst proffesor interview, they give me AICTU oppruval certificate and anna university clearance certificate (that means equal to M.E degree) .Now iam doing fourth sem M.S Manufacturing Management through WILP. It is a distance education or part time? Interviewer said that it is a mgt course not a technical one, pls advice me...
Mr. Virajit, can u pl mail the copy of BITS MS MM approved (AICTE/UGC) - [email protected],09994292249

Thanks
V.Dhilip kumar

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/scope-ms-degree-manufacturing-management-50485.html#ixzz1Z5Jwn6FF
11th October 2011, 01:22 AM
Unregistered

Mr. Virajit Kindly mail me the copy of M.M course Bits pilani on [email protected]
19th October 2011, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

mr virajit
plz can u mail a copy of the approval to [email protected]
thanku
31st October 2011, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

dear virajit
plz can u mail a copy of the approval to [email protected]
thanks
shrini
11th November 2011, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

Dear Virajit
Can you pl send me the AICTE approval copy for MSMM program of BITS
My email id is [email protected]
Makarand
15th November 2011, 11:08 PM
dravid999

hi dear,

thanks
1st March 2012, 07:15 PM
Unregistered

BITS might lose its sheen just because of this WILP programme. Biggest fault is too much intake of students, its default that anything would lose its value when supply exceeds demand.

Since its online course and eligibility criteria also not tough makes it everyone to get in. This rapidly erodes value of persuing MS, so beaware of facts before you take up the case.

Check out the no of students enrolled each year in BITS WILP course, you can get the details in BITS home page (search through stats) not BITS WILP home page.

I am driving force to change things and make course more recognisable in the industry and anyone can join us at the linkedin BITS WILP group.

http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3285834&mostPopular=&trk=tyah
1st March 2012, 07:31 PM
MS_MM_WILP

No doubt, BITS has its brand value. But just be careful when it comes to offline courses.

The biggest issue is the no of intake students for these courses at BITS WILP, did you every ask how many students are enrolled for these courses and how many are graduated at each year.

Thumb rule for anything that is sold at best price at market only when supply meets or less than demand.

Imagine without having strict entrace exams or rigorous intake process, how many students get admission into this and what will be quality and worth of this course after you complete.

Beaware of all this facts and decide.
We are taking feedback about these courses at Linkedin group, you are invited to join us.

1st March 2012, 07:35 PM
MS_MM_WILP

Here is BITS Pilani statistics (stats) about no of students admission to BITS Wilp programme like MS MM MS consultancy etc

http://discovery.bits-pilani.ac.in/statistics/2010/Annual%20Report%202010/Annexure/Annex_5.pdf
18th March 2012, 09:50 AM
Unregistered

Dear Folks,

I am going to pursue my MS MM in BITS, INDIA. Kindly send me any study materials regarding that.
ID : [email protected]
21st March 2012, 11:46 AM
Unregistered Pravin.

Mr.virajit;
Please forward me the copy of The BITS MS Program in Manufacturing. Could you forward your mail or mobile no. Before taking admission into it I like to enquire more about it.
My mail id is [email protected].
Thanking You.
Pravin.
26th March 2012, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
I am rohit cherian working for an MNC boiler mfg co..Since I did not see any aicte approval on the website of BITS WILP , I called their office.

I asked them 2 questions, 1) is their program AiCTE approved? 2) can i pursue a phd program with MS in MM as a base. Their answers were 1) no. but the program is approved by UGC and DOE. 2) Yes. you can pursue a phd as this program is equivalent to on cmapus full time.

My suggestion:If you cannot afford a full time program, Trust the brand name and go for it
14th April 2012, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

Well I have done BBA(hons). I am very found of doing MS in any suitable field i was really happy to know that many of people are doing MS in various specialization so its a good thing for professionals to gain something new that why MS is really a good degree.
17th April 2012, 09:44 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by virajit View Post
I have done this course MS (MM)from BITS, Pilani in 2004 after this I got admission for my PhD in Manufacturing ataechnology from University of Costa Rica and completed last year in Oct 2010. I am now working as a Professor in an Engineering College and doing well in my career. The BITS MS Program is approved by joint comittee of AICTE/UGC/DEC. If any one is interested I can forward the copy
Dera Sir,

myself praveen Sharma,I want to start MS in MSMM for Bits as work intregeted program.
Currently im working as a Sr. Engineer in Nissan Motors(R&D).
Could you send deatils information regarding this courcr value.

Please send all information at my [email protected]
23rd April 2012, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Dear mr virajit, can u send AICTE approval letter for MS manufacturing management. gvvrk@ yahoo.com
1st May 2012, 05:48 PM
GRP1

Quote:
Hi all, am also doing MSMM at bits, am working in Singapore and like to
Share some notes which help on our exams, if so pls reach me at
[email protected]

Thanks

Shiva~G
Dear Shiva
I am planning to do MS MM this year 2012 june admission.Pl give yr views to me at [email protected]
1st May 2012, 05:54 PM
GRP1

Dear Sir,

I am planning to do this MS MM course this year.Pl advise me on

[email protected]

Rgds
---------------------------

Quote:
BITS might lose its sheen just because of this WILP programme. Biggest fault is too much intake of students, its default that anything would lose its value when supply exceeds demand.

Since its online course and eligibility criteria also not tough makes it everyone to get in. This rapidly erodes value of persuing MS, so beaware of facts before you take up the case.

Check out the no of students enrolled each year in BITS WILP course, you can get the details in BITS home page (search through stats) not BITS WILP home page.

I am driving force to change things and make course more recognisable in the industry and anyone can join us at the linkedin BITS WILP group.

1st May 2012, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

what is AICTE and what is benift of its approval?
5th May 2012, 03:13 AM
Unregistered

Dear Virajit,
please fwd a copy of the approval letter at [email protected]
thanks a lot.

Quote:
10th May 2012, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

Can any body share the scope of M S manufacturing conducted by BITS PILANI????
2nd November 2012, 11:26 AM
Unregistered

Dear mr virajit, can u send AICTE approval letter for MS manufacturing management as soon as possible. [email protected]
19th December 2012, 11:26 AM
Unregistered

Hello,

Please forward the AICTE approval certificate for MS ( manufacturing management) on [email protected]

Pl. confirm whether it will be treated as a managment course or technical course

Best regards....Thiagu.
19th December 2012, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

Dear Mr. Virajit ,
please send the AICTE approval certificate for MS ( MANUFACTURING MANAGEMENT) on [email protected]. please confirm whether its a technical or Management course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?