28th September 2018, 10:20 AM
Arijit Samanta

Scope of studying MSc(Microbiology)?

Hello everyone, I am in my final year of BSc which I am doing with Microbiology. I want to study more but I don't thing that studying MSc with Microbiology has any scope. I just want to know that is there any scope through such MSc course?

29th September 2018, 09:23 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Scope of studying MSc(Microbiology)?

Scope of pursuing M.Sc in Microbiology course:

I can say that there is a huge scope in Microbiology stream in several areas like, Clinical Research, Medicine, Pharmacy, Water Industry, Chemical Technology, Agriculture, Nanotechnology, Dairy Industries..etc.,

You may find employment opportunities in below mentioned areas that are given below,
* Research and Development Organizations
* Pharmaceutical Industries
* Private as well as Government Organizations
* Beverage companies
* Chemical Industries
* Environmental Agencies
* Agricultural Organizations
* Laboratories..etc.,

Some of the top companies are, The Indian Hotels Company Limited, Alpha Pharma Healthcare India Private Limited, Mascot International, Krauter Healthcare Limited, Siron Technology Pvt. Ltd,..etc, as a Microbiologist, Quality Assurance Technologists, Research Assistant, Physician Associate, Microbiologist, Biomedical Scientist..etc., You may even pursue doctoral programs in the same field.
29th September 2018, 05:36 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Microbiology has less scope in India but if you are willing to move other countries, then you can get good future opportunities there.

In India, microbiology is still in developing state, while in other countries like USA, microbiologists are considered next to doctors.

Salary packages in pharma companies start from 25-30k per month and it can reach upto 30-45 lakhs per annum for Quality Control Manager post.

However, if you are interested in teaching field. Then, you can be recruited as lab assistant having monthly salary of 15-20k. After clearing NET exam, it will be 40k per month.
29th September 2018, 10:22 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

By pursuing a Master's degree you can get a job in pharmaceutical companies, food and Dairy Industries as a quality control employer, medical coder and the status that increases with experience.
Usually the payments are higher in Pharma Companies starting from 25 to 30000. Salary of a quality control manager reaches up to 30 to 45 lakhs per annum.
You can work as a college temporary teacher, researcher and as a lab assistant after your MSc programme.
29th September 2018, 11:00 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

No, your conception about this course opportunities is totally wrong. M.Sc in Microbiology has good career scopes in India and abroad as well. You can work in hospitals and clinical laboratories as microbiologist. You can get jobs in R & D departments of pharmaceuticals companies.

Some career profiles after completing M.Sc in Microbiology are listed below.

>>Food Microbiologists

>>Biochemist

>>Biotechnologist

>>Industrial Microbiologists

>>Bacteriologists

>>Protozoologists

>>Biomedical Scientist

>>Cell Biologists

>>Medical Microbiologists

>>Mycologists
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?