14th November 2011, 04:37 PM
darshakshah92

Should I immediately choose M.Tech or first gain some job experience after completing B.Tech?

Honorable Sir/Madam,

I am studying in 6th sem of Mechanical Engg. in Charusat University,Nadiad, Gujarat.
I want to do further M.Tech. after completion of 8 semesters of B.Tech by giving exam of GATE.Then which field will be preferable according to you ??
OR
If I do job for a year or for two years for an experience, then doing M.Tech. - will it be preferable or not ??
Which one should I opt as per your accordance - Doing M.Tech as soon as I complete B.Tech OR Doing M.Tech after getting experience of a job for a couple of year??

29th April 2012, 09:50 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I immediately choose M.Tech or first gain some job experience after completing B.Tech?

It is better to gain some work experience before pursuing higher education programs. Most of the firms are looking for highly educated professionals having a bit of industrial experience. After gaining 1-2 years of work experience from a reputed firm, you can try for M.Tech degree by qualifying GATE exam. You can specialize in areas like M.Tech in mechanical engineering, M.Tech in Applied Mechanics etc. Automotive Engineering, Mechatronics, Machine Design, etc are some other specialization areas in mechanical engineering that you can select in your M.Tech degree.
24th May 2013, 01:12 AM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Should I immediately choose M.Tech or first gain some job experience after completing B.Tech?

Hi

If you are going for M.Tech then it is advisable to appear for GATE as soon as you pass your B.Tech. as

- Work ex wont help you getting into college for M.Tech
- Your subject knowledge doesn't improve ( you become expert in you work but not in subject)
- course of GATE is same as your B.Tech
- Sooner your appear, you remember the subject

All the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?