29th May 2011, 12:19 PM
maahi bhardwaj

Should I take medical or arts to do LLB? Which branch should I opt for?

hey...i m very much interested in taking law as my career..i wish to choose arts but my parents says to go for medical and then take law.is it fruitful..? which one is d best option? taking medical or arts for doing LLB? another thing running into my mind is is law a better option? do it have enough oppurtunities in India? is it a secure job? which branch does i opt for???????? suggest me!

27th January 2012, 02:40 AM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I take medical or arts to do LLB? Which branch should I opt for?

Generally, eligibility for LLB is on the basis of marks scored at the graduation examinations.
The person should be a graduate like B.A. or B.Com. or B.Sc. degree with minimum 40% marks (35% for SC / ST).

So if you fulfill the percentage criteria, then you can apply for the course.

Now your question is which stream to choose, as you can already see in the criteria, that you can choose any stream, so I would suggest you to choose which ever you want to opt for more. If you want to take arts, then tell your parents, and make them understand your point of view.

For applying, you have to sit for exams like CLAT, LAWCET etc.

The Entrance Exam is written test where questions are based on Reasoning, Mathematics, English and General Knowledge.

Top colleges for doing LLB course are:

*National Law School of India University.
*Government Law College - Mumbai.
*ILS Law College.
*Aligarh Muslim University.

The types of jobs that you can get after completing LLB course are:

Advocates,
Attorney General,
District and Sessions Judge,
Law Reporters,
Legal Advisor's,
Magistrate,
Munsifs (Sub-Magistrate),
Notary,
Oath Commissioner,
Public Prosecutor,
Solicitors,
Teachers,
Trustees.

So you can get any of the above posts with your LLB degree.

LLB is a very prestigious degree...The person with this degree fights against inequality and wrong deeds of all types in the society.

Nobody messes with a Lawyer
20th May 2012, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Should I take medical or arts to do LLB? Which branch should I opt for?

what is minimum age for applying for LLB courses
30th May 2012, 11:05 PM
Unregistered

what should i take for law after my 10th
24th September 2013, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

iam final year student of llb 5 yrs course what i have to do after llb
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?