20th August 2020, 03:40 PM
Namrata vashist

In which specialization one should do Post Graduate to be eligible for PGT vacancy?

I wants to take admission in Post Graduation for getting in Teaching field. I have done B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering. So, which course I can study to be eligible for PGT vacancy? And, which specialization should I opt in Post Graduation? What about B.Ed or M.Ed?

30th August 2020, 05:32 PM
ayushii08

Default Re: In which specialization one should do Post Graduate to be eligible for PGT vacancy?

To be a PGT (post graduate teacher), one should have a post graduate degree and Bachelor in Education (B.Ed).
After B.Tech you can opt for Master's degree in Physics and Mathematics.
Masters of Science (M.Sc.) in Physics will be more powerful in your case. But you should choose subject of your interest.
If you want a PGT government job, you will have to clear CTET which is Central Teaching Eligibility Test.
Plus if you would want to be a lecturer (Assistant Professor ) in colleges, you can apply for NET (National Eligibility Test) after your post graduate degree.
30th August 2020, 05:44 PM
ayushii08

Thumbs up Re: In which specialization one should do Post Graduate to be eligible for PGT vacancy?

To be a PGT (Post Graduate Teacher), one should have Post graduate degree and Bachelor in Education (B.Ed) degree.
You can do post graduation in Physics and Mathematics to be eligible to teach in schools.
Post Graduate degree in Physics (M.Sc. Physics) would be preferred because of its high scope in educational and non-educational fields (in case you can your mind).
If you want to be PGT teacher in Government schools, you will have to clear CTET (Central Teaching Eligibility Test) after B.Ed.
Also if you would want to be a lecturer (Assistant professor) in colleges you would have to clear NET (National Eligibility Test ) after B.Ed.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?