1st November 2018, 01:39 PM
Mrigendra yadav

Steps to join Indian Navy for BE(Mechanical Engineering) student?

Hello Sir/Madam, I want to join Indian Navy after completing my BE course. I am a student of Mechanical Engineering and I would like to know about the steps through which I can join Indian Navy. Can anyone of you kindly let me know about the steps asap?

4th November 2018, 12:26 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: Steps to join Indian Navy for BE(Mechanical Engineering) student?

# In order to get inducted into Indian Navy, one has following three modes:

1. UPSC Combined Defence Service Examination
2. NCC Direct Entry Permanent Commission or Short Service Commission
3. University Entry Scheme (UES)

# Required educational qualification for UPSC Combined Defence Service Examination:

1. Graduate in any discipline for IMA and OTA.
2. B.Sc. (Mathematics & Physics) or engineering in any discipline for Naval academy and Air Force Academy.

# Required educational qualification for University Entry Scheme (UES) is candidate studying or going to appear in seventh semester of engineering degree with outstanding academic record.

# In NCC Special Entry Scheme, candidates with NCC 'C' Certificate are fully exempted from appearing in any written test in UPSC CDS Examination. Such NCC 'C' Certificate holder candidates are directly forwarded for SSB Interview which followed by Medical Examination.
5th November 2018, 09:01 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Steps to join Indian Navy for BE(Mechanical Engineering) student?

Being a student of Bachelor of Engineering degree holder in Mechanical engineering degree holder, to join Indian Navy, you are required to qualify CDS (Combined Defense Services ) entrance examination twice every year by UPSC.

--> Further, to appear in the CDS entrance examination to join Naval Academy, you must hold the following qualifications :-

* You must hold the citizenship of India.

* Your age must lie in between 20 years to 24 years.

* You must have completed your B.E./B.Tech degree from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of their bachelor's degree are also eligible.

* You must hold the Physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

For more details and updates regarding the CDS entrance examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?