20th July 2011, 09:50 PM
varshap

Which stream is better in Engineering?

I knew that there are number of jobs for engineering candidates. so i want know which engineering stream is better carrer wise??

22nd July 2011, 01:15 PM
ROHIT1THAKUR

Default Re: Which stream is better in Engineering?

Mechanical engineering is evergreen because as long as the world exists, machines exist too, and so is the need for mechanical engineers. I understand that you're from India, and if you go on opting mechanical engineering, perhaps you'll be the only girl in your class.

Electronics & communications and Computer science/IT are also equally good enough. But I suggest you check out the other branches too, that are rare and not so frequently heard about - like chemical engineering, industrial engineering, aircraft design/aerospace engineering, etc.
Good luck.
23rd July 2011, 10:28 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Some of the common streams are electronics and communication, mechanical, civil, IT etc. All these areas offer lucrative jobs. You must choose the stream based on the job profile that interests you. It is also important that you analyse your strengths before taking a decision. Make sure you join a recognised institute.
7th August 2011, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

which stream is best in engineering to get job within punjab?
7th August 2011, 10:30 PM
sachin200792

If you want to join best engineering college I would like to suggest you to get into one of the IIT's. IIT's (Indian Institute of Technology) are the best colleges for engineering in India.

To get admission into IIT's you need to get through the IIT JEE examination which is taken by IIT's every year. About 4-5 lakh students apply for the examination to test their fate. But there are only limited number of seats i.e., about 13000. So you need to prepare very hard for to get admission into IIT's. Also you must have at least 60% aggregate marks in your 12th board examination to get into IIT's.

Now coming to the best engineering disciples you can opt for any one of the for core branches Civil engineering, Mechanical engineering, Electrical Engineering or Electronics and Communication. These are evergreen branches. Now a days Computer Science is on the boom so you can also opt for that branch also. There are also other branches like Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering which you can opt for if you want to go to ISRO or NASA or some other research institute. You can get a job directly at ISRO if you do it from IIST. Now a days a trend of taking electrical engineering among the IIT JEE toppers is also there and the fact is that it is a very good branch. Some other good branches are chemical, textile, biotechnology, etc. So you can opt for any of them.
8th August 2011, 03:04 PM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

If you are interested in pursuing B.Tech degree then I must suggest you to choose any core branch like:-Electrical,Civil,Mechanical or Electronics.Because these are the ever-green branches i.e. the demand of these branches will never be down.In a developing country like India the need of a core engineer will
always be high.After completion of degree you may choose the software field also which is a great advantage over ant other branches.
8th August 2011, 11:40 PM
Unregistered

civil in dt or comp engg in nit kurukshetra?
9th August 2011, 07:13 AM
Lyk23

Smile Re: Which stream is better in Engineering?

hi friend,

* There are lot of streams in engineering.

* In my opinion :

1. Automobiles

2.mechanical engineering

3.civil engineering

because these are great streams and you will have a great future. Automobiles are one of the best engineering i would say, we all know mechanical is always evergreen and civil engineering also has big scope , so i suggested you.

ALL THE BEST!
9th August 2011, 02:01 PM
Bmsri

Thumbs up Re: Which stream is better in Engineering?

All streams in Engineering have equal priority now a days for jobs.
When considering the choices of students the following is the list of engineering branches chose more by the students. These are the evergreen engineering branches and which makes you to shine in your future.

1. Mechanical
2. ECE
3. CSE / IT
4. EEE
5. Biotech
28th August 2011, 03:57 AM
amaan khan ak

Quote:
Originally Posted by varshap View Post
I knew that there are number of jobs for engineering candidates. so i want know which engineering stream is better carrer wise??
Computer science and electronics and communication are the best branches now a days.These are growing branches of engineering.There is so much scope for these branches.You can get a job easily in IT sector.So these are good options for you.
The other options are mechenical,electrical,civil branches.These are the core branches of engineering.So its also a very good step to choose any one of them.
If you want to get a govt. job then these branches helps you to get a govt. job.

Anyways there is so much scope for all the branches.Its depend on your interest.So choose the one.

All the best.
30th September 2011, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

Which are the private companies in india offer job for electrical enngg?
30th September 2011, 07:12 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

coming to the best engineering disciples you can opt for any one of the for core branches Civil engineering, Mechanical engineering, Electrical Engineering or Electronics and Communication. These are evergreen branches. Now a days Computer Science is on the boom so you can also opt for that branch also. There are also other branches like Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering which you can opt for if you want to go to ISRO or NASA or some other research institute. You can get a job directly at ISRO if you do it from IIST. Now a days a trend of taking electrical engineering among the IIT JEE toppers is also there and the fact is that it is a very good branch. Some other good branches are chemical, textile, biotechnology, etc. So you can opt for any of them.
30th September 2011, 07:26 PM
shrijan00

hy,
These are the evergreen engineering branches and which makes you to shine in your future.

1. Mechanical
2. ECE
3. CSE / IT
4. EEE
5. Biotech
and you as well in india how dominantly mechanical companies prevailing
30th September 2011, 10:32 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Every branch has a role to play in this busy world. There are many courses with equal demand of engineering. Engineers are available but skilled engineers are needed by the companies . Due to the urbanisation and development the demand for more engineers in the branches like civil, electrical, mechanical, etc. But choose the branch which you have interest so that you can perform well and develop your skills . All the best
1st October 2011, 12:10 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

see,core stream are better in Engineering.

if you want to do Engineering, then you can choose given below branch of engineering.

>>CIVIL.

>>MECHANICAL.

>>AUTOMOBILE.

>>ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION.

>>ELECTRICAL.

>>INSTRUMENTATION.

>>EEE.

>>AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING.

ETC.

if you choose above any of brach of engineering then you will be get a stable jobs opportunity.

etc.

all the best..........
1st October 2011, 12:44 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
ALL stream are better in their field , This depend upon you to choose what to take.
I am providing you a chart from where you can select your stream by seeing that chrt you can get details information regarding that..

good luck..........
1st October 2011, 12:44 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Its totally up to u that which field interests u the most and in which field you want to go but i would personally suggest you to go in either for computer science or for electronics and communications

Both these branches are very hot in demand currently in the market and you can be assured of your job as it has a lot of scope in future..
1st October 2011, 12:50 AM
karthikrondo

first look for a good college...whether it has ON campuses every year..what companies are coming to recruit...and then u can easily figure out which branch to opt ! keep going all the best !
1st October 2011, 09:32 AM
shrijan00

hy,
Mechanical engineering is evergreen because as long as the world exists, machines exist too, and so is the need for mechanical engineers. I understand that you're from India, and if you go on opting mechanical engineering, perhaps you'll be the only girl in your class.

Electronics & communications and Computer science/IT are also equally good enough
I&C is also a good branch as there are mant scope in future life
1st October 2011, 12:35 PM
meeeanki
Member+

dear friend

boss it is totaly depand on you which field you like
according to me to get job opportunity

1. Mechanical
2.Civil
3. ECE
4. CSE / IT
4. EEE
5. Biotech
6.foodtech
7.chemical
as you wish
1st October 2011, 05:23 PM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
ummm... go for something like aeronautical..
engineering is being done by every tom dick n harry now-a-days
there is a lot more scope if u do something that everyones NOT doing.. or just someplace where u'l get conveniently seated..
placements in companies for common engineering fields like IT or comp is very very difficult to catch... altho a lot more colleges offer these courses..

hope this helps..
1st October 2011, 06:14 PM
convertor

hello friend,

Engineering is a good scope course.

eligibility is 12th with physics,chemistry and maths and 60% marks or diploma students.

you can also get a seat through AIEEE exam.

best branches in engineering:-

1.electronics and communication

2.electrical and electronics

3.civil

4.mechanical

5.computer science

6.information technology

7.mechatronics

8.biotechnology

9.chemical

10.nanotechnology

11.aeronautical

12.marine

13.automobile

14.instrumentation

15.EIE

choose good stream with your interest.

all the best
1st October 2011, 07:42 PM
akash_rana

today almost all the stream are became you a engineer.you doing much more courses that is became you engineer these courses is
BCA
B.TECH
GNIIT
BE
PCMB
PCB
B.TECH(COMPUTER APPLICATION)
AND MANY MORE
5th October 2011, 05:51 PM
jevirsinh

Hi

Friend it is totaly depand on you which field you like
but according to me and demand to get job opportunity..

Mechanical
Civil
Electrical
Electronics and communication
Computer
Instrumentation
Information Technology
Automobile
Mechatronics
Chemical
Production

good luck
6th October 2011, 03:33 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

hi friend,

MECHANICAL ENGINEERING AND ELECTRONICS and COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING ARE THE TWO GOOD BRANCHES IN ENGINEERING.

FIRSTLY, IT DEPENDS ON YOUR INTEREST OF SUBJECT TO WHICH BRANCH YOU ARE INTERESTED TO JOIN .

MECHANICAL ENGINEERING IS THE EVER GREEN BRANCH AND IT HAS MANY CORE COMPANIES THAT RECRUITS THE STUDENTS.

and ELECTRONICS and COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING IS THE GOOD BRANCH WHICH IS HAVING VERY GOOD

OPPORTUNITIES IN THE JOBS.

THESE E.C.E STUDENTS WILL ALSO GET SELECTED FOR BOTH CORE COMPANIES AND SOFTWARE COMPANIES.

ALL THE BEST.........
15th February 2012, 11:04 PM
qwertyuiop2758

Dear
Any stream can be opted in Engineering.........It totally depends on your interest what stream you want to take........If you are interested in the Programming, then you should go for the Computer Science stream or the IT.........If you are interested in constructions and all, then you can go for Civil or Mechanical Engineering.........Electronics and Instrumentation is also a good branch........
Thankyou
Aishwarya Mehrotra
20th March 2012, 12:34 PM
anirudh.yerroju

im now 12th standard so im going to attend councilling so which engineering stream is better?????????????
8th May 2012, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

hello!
I have just wrote my SSC exams, waiting for the results. i want to go with IIT , which subject will be good to opt. pl suggest
10th May 2012, 12:55 AM
Bhargav.student

Dear Friend ,
First try to choose the branch in which you are really interested in and if you join the same as per interest , the career opportunities are yours . There are plenty of opportunities n jobs in any field if you are interested n passionate in that field .

Anyway as per my knowledge n current trend I suggest Mechanical Engineering is the best dept because the number of core companies n core jobs are more as compared to other departments . And also the opportunities in public sector is more for Mechanical and it is evergreen field with no fluctuations .
10th May 2012, 01:50 AM
ab7777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello!
I have just wrote my SSC exams, waiting for the results. i want to go with IIT , which subject will be good to opt. pl suggest
Hello there!
I hope you are aware that the IIT-JEE evaluated OMR sheets have been uploaded on the respective branch of the IIT website.. You can view your marks and estimate on those basis if you're going to make it in the merit list or not.
About the subjects, all the engineering fields are interesting and innovative in their own way, what you make out of it will highly depend on your level of interest in various subjects which will help you choose your stream and help you succeed in it as well so as to get good job opportunities if you look to work after graduation! Choose the subjects of your choice, based on your interest! Good luck
21st July 2012, 08:14 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear There ,

The best streams in Engineering in India are :

* Mechanical Engineering * Computer Science Engineering

* Electronics & Communication Engineering

* Electronics & Electrical Engineering.

But it totally depends on you that in which sector you have the most interest and the stream in which you can perform at your very best.

But as per the placement reports , Mechanical Engineering and Computer Science Engineering are the best from the last five years.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?