22nd December 2021, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

Which stream to take in 11th standard having IAS and IPS dreams?

Dear dear sir I want to become an IAS and IPS in the future so which stream can I take in the 11th standard

24th December 2021, 10:51 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream to take in 11th standard having IAS and IPS dreams?

To become an I.A.S or I.P.S Officer, you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination.

The examination is conducted by UPSC and the eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

So, you can pursue your 11th ,12th and bachelor degree in any discipline as per your interest. The examination is conducted in three stages. For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
24th December 2021, 02:54 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service while IPS stands for Indian Police Service and to be an IAS/IPS officer, you are required to qualify the Civil Services examination which is held by UPSC once every year.

Further, the minimum education required for appearing in the Civil Services examination and therefore for becoming an IAS/IPS officer is a Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

So, as the above mentioned educational qualification requirement suggests, you can opt for any stream of your choice and strength for your Class 12th and graduation degree course in order to be eligible for becoming an IAS/IPS officer.

For complete details regarding the pattern of the Civil Services examination,you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
24th December 2021, 07:35 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

A student from any stream can become an IAS or IPS. In my opinion, you should choose Humanities because it will include subjects such as History, Political Science and Physical Education which will help you to give the entrance exam and also it will enhance your knowledge by helping you in creating a strong skill set required for your desired position. Plus you can easily prepare for the entrance exam simultaneously as the subjects you’d be studying are a part of the main syllabus of the exam.
24th December 2021, 09:26 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

To become an I.A.S or I.P.S in future you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination.

The examination is conducted by UPSC. The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

You can pursue your academic degree in any discipline but have to do better preparation for the selection. To get more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
24th December 2021, 11:08 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

As you wish to become IAS, IPS in future, you will have to apply for UPSC exam i.e. Civil Services Exam.

To be eligible for this exam, you should have completed your graduation in any stream from a recognized institute/college.

For 11th, 12th standard you can choose any stream as per your interest so that you can score better marks. There is no such restriction to choose any particular stream to be eligible for UPSC exams. Any stream like Commerce, Arts or Science would be fine.

In case, you are choosing Arts stream, it would be easier for you to score good marks.

And ultimately, you can choose BA as graduation course. In this graduation course, you will get enough time for preparation of UPSC exams.
25th December 2021, 08:13 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

You need to be graduate i.e. to have some degree from recognised institutes like BTech or BSc or BA or BDS or MBBS.

To do so pass 11th in any stream you want .Be it science or arts or Commerce or some other side which is available.

IAS conducted by UPSC so that good man to have to prepare history, geography, Political science ,biology , Chemistry Physics and GK for .

If you clear then you have mains in which you will give exams of English, one Indian language and then more 3 or 4 subjects.
25th December 2021, 10:40 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

If you want to become an IAS or IPS, then Bachelor in Arts stream would be the best option for you. You can take the subject combination of Humanities, history, political science, and sociology which will help you to appear for the UPSC- Civil Service Exam(CSE) exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?