31st August 2010, 11:29 AM
sweaty

Which subject is the best for me after completing BSc course?

respected sir/madam
I have completed my BSc from the reputed college in mysore with overall % of 84. (optional subjects are biochemistry-79.8%, microbiology-85.9% & biotechnology-82.4%).I like do my higher education. But iam confused that which subject is best & i also known that i can'nt get the seat in biochemistry in university of mysore because of my %. but according t the provisional list my ranking in bt entrance is 6th & i may get the admission, but i want to known that which is best sub.(Bt orMB) to be taken in MSc as i am interested to join research (since iam planing to take JRF UGC-CSIR exam) or teaching field.
Since i am having the counseling for seat selection on 3rd of sep i want known the suggestion before 3rd. pls do reply me.
Pls help me sir.
My email Id - [email protected]
[email protected]
Thank Q

Related Questions:
  1. Scope in BSc Biotech? What can I do after completing BSc?
  2. Studying BSc Geology : What should I choose after completing BSc if interested in Geology subject?
  3. In which subject should I do MSc after completing BSc with Chemistry/Zoology/Botany subjects? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. How to do MSc in correspondence after completing BSc in CBZ? Which subject is good for me?
  5. How to do higher studies in new subject after completing BSc in Bioinformatics?
  6. What are the job opportunities after completing BSc degree with Botany as major/honors subject -- [New]
  7. What does MBA in a subject simply mean? For which subjects am I eligible to pursue MBA after completing BSc in Zoology
  8. Cutoff marks and the fee structure of the Kochi Law school
  9. How should I do BSc or BSc IT? I have passed 12th science
  10. Which subject can I do MSc after completing BSc?
  11. What does MBA in a subject simply mean? Am I eligible to pursue MBA after completing BSc in Zoology?
  12. What can I do after completing BSc?
  13. Information about BSc course? Is it possible to pursue MBBS after completing BSc? Eligibility criteria to apply for MBBS after completing BSc?
  14. Which subject among botany and chemistry should be chosen for the final year of B.Sc degree?
  15. What should I do after completing BSc after doing BSc with electronics subject
  16. What all subjects are available for me after completing BSc Nursing
  17. For which subject can I apply after completing BSc IT? I want a seat in school service commission
  18. Can I apply for fisheries inspector post in MP after completing BSc in Fisheries?
30th May 2011, 08:40 AM
stranger351

Default Re: Which subject is the best for me after completing BSc course?

I think you are eligible for mainly these courses you can choose one of these..
MCA -it is very good course and many of the students choose MCA after BCA.....
MCA means master in computer application and this is very good course..
OR
MBA is second good option after MCA..
MBA is management course i.e. Master in business management it is good course and job placement in this field is also good..
OR
you can go for MSc which is also master degree and good course..
Now decision in your hand what you choose.
But i will suggest you go with MSc ..
It is beneficial to you because now you have Bsc so go with same field...
Why you change your field ..
So MSc is best option for you...
30th May 2011, 02:41 PM
prasannay

hi
your optional subjects are good, your interested to go in research field means microbiology is good, or if you people want to go in teaching field means biotechnology is preferable, you had noted that you are trying for CSIR my advice is that it is better to take microbiology in M.Sc. all the best.
30th May 2011, 02:42 PM
prasannay

hi
your optional subjects are good, your interested to go in research field means microbiology is good, or if you people want to go in teaching field means biotechnology is preferable, you had noted that you are trying for CSIR my advice is that it is better to take microbiology in M.Sc. all the best.
30th May 2011, 03:19 PM
mandiv

hello bhavya
both the shortlisted field are good im their place
but the main choice entirely depends on your interest...
well if you see salary package wise then microbiology is much better keeping in mind its growing need.....
all the best
30th May 2011, 03:21 PM
mandiv

hello bhavya
both the shortlisted field are good im their place
but the main choice entirely depends on your interest...
well if you see salary package wise then microbiology is much better keeping in mind its growing need.....
all the best
31st May 2011, 08:58 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Biochemistry, Microbiology and Biotechnology these three subject are very good. specially the research field for these company are very much popular. so you may take any one of this subject according to your interest.

job opportunity and scope after all these course are very good. but if you really want to go for research field then i will suggest you to take the subject Microbiology because research field for microbiology is continuously developing. so more opportunity you will find out in this field. your marks is also better in microbiology so i think your performance will be good in this field.

but if you are interested in the subject Biotechnology then go for that. because interest should get first preference above all. you have to choose the subject yourself according to your interest. as you have very good marks in all subjects then i hope you will do the best whatever you will choose.

best of luck.
31st May 2011, 10:16 AM
ajay kumar75

I think biotechnology will be better as recently there is greate demand in this field.
31st May 2011, 10:55 AM
nktrwt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweaty View Post
respected sir/madam
I have completed my BSc from the reputed college in mysore with overall % of 84. (optional subjects are biochemistry-79.8%, microbiology-85.9% & biotechnology-82.4%).I like do my higher education. But iam confused that which subject is best & i also known that i can'nt get the seat in biochemistry in university of mysore because of my %. but according t the provisional list my ranking in bt entrance is 6th & i may get the admission, but i want to known that which is best sub.(Bt orMB) to be taken in MSc as i am interested to join research (since iam planing to take JRF UGC-CSIR exam) or teaching field.
Since i am having the counseling for seat selection on 3rd of sep i want known the suggestion before 3rd. pls do reply me.
Pls help me sir.
[email protected]
Thank Q
you have lots of option after graduation .it depend upon your intrest like MBA, MCA, Msc or b.ed
31st May 2011, 11:28 AM
babydoll

Hello,
Well each and every subject or stream has their own importance. If you choose science/commerce/Arts any of them it covers their basic enhancement for the education.
So i would suggest you to choose a stream for which have better scope in future.
As i suggest you must go for Physics honors as because this field has better scope for the career.
Well you can also go for the computer science stream in Bsc.
Computer science branch has good scope for the future as you can go for MCA after the graduation.
So select the subject which you have good interest.
31st May 2011, 06:31 PM
united india

BIOCHEMISTRY

Biochemistry is combination between chemistry and biology. It provides a means if investing virtually all biological problems at the molecular level and seeks to answer questions such as:How is food metabolised? Why do some substances threaten our environment?

Approximately one third of M.Sc(biochemistry) freshers are absorbed by industries for research works. You may choose to works in health sector, pharmaceuticals.

MICROBIOLOGY

If you want to focus into prevetion and treatment of diseases, Microbiology is best option for your. Microbiology study about fungi viruses, protists and bacteria.

After completion of M.Sc(microbilogy) you'll get good jobs in medicine or if you study further PhD. it may lead you to scientific jobs.

BIOTECHNOLOGY

Biotechnology helps in finding the biological process of microbes in animals including human beings and plants.

You can enter into health and service sector.

As of now you must have made up your mind where your interest is. Choose the one in which you are most interested. The job opportunities are high in all three cases.
31st May 2011, 06:40 PM
pradeepdeshwal3626

Quote:
respected sir/madam
Pls help me sir.
[email protected]
Thank Q
friend,

Choose any field but that should be according to your interest.your optional subjects are good, your are interested to go in research field means microbiology is good or if you people want to go in teaching field means biotechnology is preferable, you had noted that you are trying for CSIR my advice is that it is better to take microbiology in M.Sc.

good luck.
1st June 2011, 12:11 AM
Ankur agrawal

Quote:
respected sir/madam
Pls help me sir.
[email protected]
Thank Q
hii,
First you wait for the counsellling for that after that if it is confrm you can not get admission then taking other step..
ankur
1st June 2011, 12:45 AM
Deb51

three subjects are good. you should go with your interest. i think microbiology will be the best choice for you as you have more marks in microbiology. but if you are interested in other subject then you should go towards that.
1st June 2011, 12:11 PM
sri_green09

you can do M.sc OR M.B.A.
But M.sc will be the best choice since you have completed your B.sc
2nd June 2011, 08:10 PM
vikul

Thumbs up Re: Which subject is the best for me after completing BSc course?

Dear friend,

according to me you should go for microbiology in Msc and further you should pursue MBA ..

GOOD LUCK
10th June 2011, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

I am a government emp(a primary teacher). But i m not satisfied with it. I m 28yrs and have completed M.sc with physics. I am very interested in computers. Is it any part time course that can help me to make me computer engineer after 2 to 4 yrs. Is it possible to go for B.E or M.E after M.sc ? Pls reply me on [email protected]
10th June 2011, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

I am a government emp(a primary teacher). But i m not satisfied with it. I m 28yrs and have completed M.sc with physics. I am very interested in computers. Is it any part time course that can help me to make me computer engineer after 2 to 4 yrs. Is it possible to go for B.E or M.E after M.sc ? Pls reply me on [email protected]
14th October 2011, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

bsc with phy,chem, math kaisa combination hai?
10th July 2012, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
after msc you can do m.tech it is possible
10th July 2012, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

after 12th which subject best for bsc?
is the chemistry is best subject?
plz rpl.... [email protected]
23rd November 2013, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

can i do msc in zoology or botany after comleting bsc with subject zoology botany and psychology plz tell me????????
1st May 2014, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

sir i completed my bsc in 2012-13 with overall Percentage 77% and in mathematics i got 90%.now i want to join msc in mathematics in mysore university so i want to know how can i apply for this weather i have to use same the application as freshers or any other application is there . and i need last 10 years pgcet question papers in mathematics .sir please send mew all related information to take admission in mysore university.reply me on [email protected] thank you sir
1st May 2015, 07:21 AM
Unregistered

I have pass 12th board exam and I want to do B.Sc so I Want to know which subject is very easily handle and very high salary.
By -
Indravesh Anand
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?