20th January 2011, 09:45 PM
indengg_7324

Which subject is better for a B.Tech CSE student for IAS exam? How many subjects to be taken for preparation?

sir i'm indrajit divakar & i want to ask u about which subject is better for me in preparation IAS exam. i'm b.tech from cse branch. what subject should be taken as an optional subject. How many subject should be taken for preparation.

21st January 2011, 12:15 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Optional subject(s) for B.Tech (CSE) to prepare for IAS exam?

Dear friend,
I think it will be better if you can join with any cochin center for UPSC exem...
21st January 2011, 01:05 AM
prtk.co

Default Re: Which subject is better for a B.Tech CSE student for IAS exam? How many subjects to be taken for preparation?

IAS exam is one of the toughest exam.There is no optional subject for btech in cse .You can check the below website for syllabus and other important details.

www.upsc.gov.in
21st January 2011, 05:53 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject is better for a B.Tech CSE student for IAS exam? How many subjects to be taken for preparation?

hi...
its always better to select the subjects whose syllabus overlaps with the general studies section so that your syllabus is reduced an bit,
by the way for the mains exam you have to tale two subjects of your choice and there will be an one general studies paper,
as for as taking an subject is concerned take an subject which you really like and are ready to dedicate lots of time an effort on
all the best
25th January 2011, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i am a student of computer sc(b.tech 3rd year)..i wanted to know what all subjects required for appearing in IAS exams...Please guide me.
23rd February 2011, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

i am b tech cse student for ias exam which subject is best ?
2nd March 2011, 01:52 AM
Unregistered

i am computr science engg student 0f 4th sem i want to prepare for ias but i am confused that which sub i should opt
22nd March 2011, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have completed my b.tech. in I.T. please guide me to preparation of IAS Exam; like this subject which i have choose ? and paper pattern. . ? etc.
13th April 2011, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

how many subjects we should prepare totally out of given subjects ? wt r the best combination of subjects for cse student?
25th May 2011, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

hi sir i have complected my B.E in CSE can u guide me for IAS exam
plzz
11th June 2011, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

i am in 12th class and i want to do b.tech and then IAS,so what is procedure for it?
11th June 2011, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

sir i am student of b.tech 3rd yr want to write civil exam next year can u guide me please
12th June 2011, 12:57 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by indengg_7324 View Post
sir i'm indrajit divakar & i want to ask u about which subject is better for me in preparation IAS exam. i'm b.tech from cse branch. what subject should be taken as an optional subject. How many subject should be taken for preparation.
Optional Subjects for IAS (Main)

General Studies
Agriculture
Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
Botany
Chemistry
Civil Engineering
Commerce
Economics
Electrical Engineering
Geography
Geology
Indian History
Law
Mathematics
Mechanical Engineering
Medical Science
Philosophy
Physics
Political Science
Psychology
Public Administration
Sociology
Statistics
Zoology

you can choose Sociology and Philosophy.
12th June 2011, 09:18 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

This time UPSC pattern is changed and it is called as CSAT which is coming into effect from Civil Services Examination, 2011.and so there is no option subjects...

It consits of two paper and each paper of Two hrs..

(Paper 1) (200 marks) consists of
  • Current events.
  • History
  • Geography
  • Indian Polity and governance
  • Economic and social development
  • and General science.

It is of purely objective type and qualifying exam...

(Paper II) (200 marks)
  • Comprehension
  • Logical reasoning and analytical ability
  • Decision making and problem solving
  • General mental ability
  • Basic numeracy(Class X level)
  • English language comprehension skills (Class X level)

It is of purely subjective type and followed by interview....
Based on the overall ranking and your choice of cadre, you will be provided IFS (Indian Foreign Service), IAS or IPS. The higher your rank, the choice is with you.

In case you have not not got a good rank and got into IFS, IAS or IPS, you may still become a Group A or B officer in the Central Govt.

In comprehension subjective paper following are the optional subject you can choose any one of it
  • Agriculture
  • Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
  • Anthropology
  • Botany
  • Chemistry
  • Civil Engineering
  • Commerce and Accountancy
  • Economics
  • Electrical Engineering
  • Geography
  • Geology
  • History
  • Law
  • Management
  • Mathematics
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Medical Science
  • Philosophy
  • Physics
  • Political Science and International
  • Relations
  • Psychology
  • Public Administration
  • Sociology
  • Statistics
  • Zoology

Since you are from CSE you can choose either Electrical Engineering or mathematics or any other subject which you are strong..
12th June 2011, 10:51 PM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

As you told that you want ot preparing the IAS exam.

So, at first you shpuld know the pattern of exam.I t consists of 3 stages.
1. csat
2. main
3. interview.

For csat UPSC provide the syllabus and sample paper, I am attaching that here.

For main exam you will have to choose mathematics and one more optinal paper in which you have a strong knowledge.

I am attaching bonchure also.

you can download these and see.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf csp2011-syll.pdf(13.1 KB, 79 views)
File Type: pdf CSAT_Sample_Paper.pdf(197.1 KB, 103 views)
File Type: pdf brochure.pdf(112.8 KB, 102 views)
12th June 2011, 11:00 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

there have many subjects to be taken for preparation for IAS exam for a B.Tech CSE student.

you can take your deparmental papers as well as non departmental papers like given below

1.zoology.

2.physics.

3.history.

4.chemistry.

5.sociology.

6.math.

7.stat.

etc.

all the best.........
12th June 2011, 11:42 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi
you want to give exam of IAS.
that is interesting,but exam is more difficult than other ones
so prepare well for that , aproper guideance is required for that.

if your branch is CSE why you depends other decission?
what area you are strong this subject you choose.
specially you are science background
so you take like:--
PHYSICS
CHEMISTRY
ELECTRICAL ENGG
OTHERS ARE THERE

further information for IAS you go to the site

http://www.upsc.gov.in
13th June 2011, 12:57 AM
gurpreetrodger

public administration and statistics r likely to b subjects u should take.
U can also go for history.
Choose if u like according to ur convinience.
13th June 2011, 01:22 AM
akki gupta

i think cse student faces most problem in IAS exams because it is a civil service post n we do not have much knowledge about mechanics ...........
so we should take computers
13th June 2011, 09:14 PM
Sumit Ahujaa

There are mainly two papers :

(Paper 1) (200 marks)

(Paper II) (200 marks)
Based on the overall ranking and your choice of cadre, you will be provided IFS (Indian Foreign Service), IAS or IPS
2nd July 2011, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

sir, it is ok that there are two papers but u have atached a list of history,geography.... so one who is preparing for i.a.s. have to study all these subjects.
i heard that we should choose (one sub. gs) for pri and (two sub. gs) for mains and then interview if it is right plz clear my confusions.....
14th July 2011, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am in 12th class and i want to do b.tech and then IAS,so what is procedure for it?
do very hard work in learning social studies and communication skills
25th July 2011, 03:43 PM
ankit049
Member+

Which subject is better for a B.Tech CSE student for IAS exam? How many subjects to be taken for preparation?

This time UPSC pattern is changed and it is called as CSAT which is coming into effect from Civil Services Examination, 2011.and so there is no option subjects...

(Paper 1) (200 marks) consists of
Current events.
History
Geography
Indian Polity and governance
Economic and social development
and General science.

(Paper II) (200 marks)
Comprehension
Logical reasoning and analytical ability
Decision making and problem solving
General mental ability
Basic numeracy(Class X level)
English language comprehension skills (Class X level)

Based on the overall ranking and your choice of cadre, you will be provided IFS (Indian Foreign Service), IAS or IPS. The higher your rank, the choice is with you.

In case you have not not got a good rank and got into IFS, IAS or IPS, you may still become a Group A or B officer in the Central Govt.

In comprehension subjective paper following are the optional subject you can choose any one of it
Agriculture
Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
Anthropology
Botany
Chemistry
Civil Engineering
Commerce and Accountancy
Economics
Electrical Engineering
Geography
Geology
History
Law
Management
Mathematics
Mechanical Engineering
Medical Science
Philosophy
Physics
Political Science and International
Relations
Psychology
Public Administration
Sociology
Statistics
Zoology

Since you are from CSE you can choose either Electrical Engineering or mathematics or any other subject which you are strong..

ankit
thanking you
20th August 2011, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

What is IT 3rd sem student able to IAS EXAM?
17th January 2012, 11:35 PM
Unregistered

i am student of IT branch of 1st year.i want prepration of IAS with b.tech. Witch subject is most perfect for me?? Because i want to crack the IAS exam with b.tech.
28th March 2012, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

HOW MANY SUBJECTS ONE CAN CHOOSE FOR PRE AND MAINS?????? DO REPLY
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?