27th August 2017, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

In which subject I need to be strong to become an IPS in the future?

I like subject English. I want to know that which subject I have to make strong for IPS? Can you please suggest me the best subject which I can ensure I will study in graduation as well? Hope that I will get the answer soon as possible. Thank you!

28th August 2017, 03:10 AM
Satvantanu

Default Re: In which subject I need to be strong to become an IPS in the future?

Indian police service
Examination conducted by upsc
It can done by civil service examination
Preliminary examination
Main examination
Interview
Syllabus
General studies
Aptitude skill
Current affairs
History, geography
Politics, Economics
Comprehension
Interpersonal skill including communication skill
Logical reasoning, analytical ability
Decision making
General mental ability
So Art is the best way in preliminary stage if there is only one goal to crack upsc examination .
28th August 2017, 10:36 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In which subject I need to be strong to become an IPS in the future?

The full form of IPS is Indian Police Services. IPS officers are selected on basis of performance in Civil Services exam.

The subjects in which you need to have good command is:

1. Political science, Economics, History, Geography, Science etc.

2. You should study all these subjects books issued by NCERT upto 12th standard.

3. You can pursue bachelor's degree in English and select that for optional as well in mains exam of Civil Services.
28th August 2017, 05:26 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

The required minimum qualification to appear in Civil Service examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

So, you can pursue any stream in your bachelor degree. Candidates after qualifying in Preliminary stage are eligible to select optional paper other than bachelor discipline.

One need to have better knowledge of Economy, History, Geography, Science, Polity, Ethics, Current Affairs to qualify in examination.

So, you must need to be good in all these to qualify in examination. For examination more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
28th August 2017, 09:36 PM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

The full form of IPS is Indian Police Services.

You need to pay special attention to humanities subject. Under humanities subject, your focus should be on social science subjects like Civics, Economics, Geography, History etc.

You can start your preparation by reading NCERT and NIOS books of these subjects. It will serve as foundation for your preparation of this exam.

In final year of bachelor's degree, you will become eligible for this exam. Minimum age limit is 21 years to apply for this exam.
29th August 2017, 09:59 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Services. Civil Services examination is conducted every year for different services like IAS, IPS, IRS etc. The syllabus of civil services exam is so vast that it encompasses various subjects. But higher weight is given to social science subjects.

You can pursue Bachelor's degree in English and can also take English as your optional subject in Mains exam. But other than this, you need to have good grip over subjects like History, Polity and Indian constitution, Indian and World Geography, Economics etc.

Candidate should develop a habit of reading daily newspaper. You need to understand national and international affairs.
29th August 2017, 06:33 PM
19Amanpreet
Member+

Selection as an IPS officer requires you to clear UPSC Civil services examination. It consists of 3 phases, preliminary, mains and interview.
To clear your preliminary phase, you must be thorough with Polity, History, Geography, Science, Environment and current affairs.
Regarding your question of subject, you need to select an optional subject for your mains examination which cannot be English. English paper is the compulsory language paper. And you can choose any optional subject from the list of subjects provided by UPSC.
From job profile, Law is one subject which will help you as an IPS officer in future also.
Hope it helps.
Regards
29th August 2017, 10:08 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

For IPS exam you have to concentrate on following subjects-
Geography, History, Economics, Civics, Science etc.

There will be three rounds-
Prelims exam.
Main Exam.
Interview.
You have to do practice of quantitative aptitude, logical reasoning and verbal ability.
30th August 2017, 11:01 AM
sanju0770

Hello friend,

IFS Stands for Indian Foreign Services. There is no separate exam taken for this and the IFS exam is also taken along with IAS exam. While filling up the form you just have to mention that you want to go for IFS.

Eligibility criteria of IAS/IFS is as follows -

1. Minimum age is 21 years
2. Maximum age is 32 years for general, 35 years for OBC and 37 years for SC/ST category.
3. Minimum educational qualification is graduation and final year candidate can also apply

There are three stages of the exam which are as follows -

1. IAS Pre
2. IAS Mains
3. IAS Interview

If you want to get into IFS then you should consider few things : -

1. Make yourself excellent in English (Both written and verbal)
2. Subject you should focus are External Affairs, Geography and Economics.

Hope it will help
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?