23rd December 2017, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

Which subject shoul I study to become an IPS officer in 2018?

Which subject do I study to become an IPS officer in 2018? Can you please give me the complete details on the same which I need to follow? It will be really helpful if you can get back to me on the same as soon as possible. Awaiting to get the response. Thanks!

24th December 2017, 08:03 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Which subject shoul I study to become an IPS officer in 2018?

I.P.S ( Indian Police Service ) and for recruitment you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC.

The examination is conducted in three stages - Preliminary, Mains and Interview.

Candidate passed bachelor degree in any discipline are eligible to appear in examination. No limitation on discipline of graduation to appear in examination.

To get syllabus for examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
24th December 2017, 09:07 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The following subjects are necessary for Civil Services examination in Preliminary and Mains examination:

1. Geography.

2. History.

3. Economics.

4. Indian Polity and Constitution.

5. Your optional subjects for Mains exam.

NCERT books from standard 6th to 12th will be helpful in your preparation. Then you can read Polity by Laxmikant, History by Bipan Chandra etc.
24th December 2017, 09:43 PM
rachamallamanoj

You can choose any of the subjects which are given by the UPSC board. In the subjects any one can be choosed as optional subject. The subjects are
Agriculture
Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
Anthropology
Botany
Chemistry
Civil Engineering
Commerce and Accountancy
Economics
Electrical Engineering
Geography
Geology
History
Law
Management
Mathematics
Mechanical Engineering
Medical Science
Philosophy
Physics
Political Science and International Relations
Psychology
Public Administration
Sociology
Statistics
Zoology

The literature subjects with any one of the following languages:
Assamese
Bengali
Bodo
Dogri
Gujarati
Hindi
Kannada
Kashmiri
Konkani
Maithili
Malayalam
Manipuri
Marathi
Nepali
Oriya
Punjabi
Sanskrit
Santhali
Sindhi
Tamil
Telugu
Urdu
English

You can choose the optional subject which is easy or the subject which you read in graduation
24th December 2017, 11:28 PM
NeptuneSpear

IPS comes under civil services examination. It is conducted by UPSC every year. It is an exam divided into three stages.
First one is preliminary which is of qualifying nature, second is mains which consists of nine papers out of which two languages paper are of qualifying in nature, third is interview.
You must have a good hold on General Studies which is the core area for cracking the exam.
For this you can follow a few websites which will help you with the detail books on each topic. For optional paper choose the subject which you have learnt in your degree or have a good skills over it.
24th December 2017, 11:51 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

There is no such compulsion to choose any particular subject for becoming IPS Officer in future.

You must have done graduation to appear for IPS exam and eventually qualifying it to achieve that post.

If you have done anyone of the courses like B.Tech, B.E., B.Sc.,B.A.,B.Com, B.Pharma, BCA, BBA or any other course, then you are eligible for IPS exam.

In addition, Science, Arts, Commerce students of 12th standard are eligible for IPS exam after pursuing graduation.

Officially called Civil Services Exam, this exam is conducted by UPSC having three stages.
  • Preliminary Exam
  • Main Exam
  • Personal Interview

While appearing for Main Exam, you will have to choose subjects as it is subjective paper. Exam Pattern of Main Exam is given below.
25th December 2017, 08:10 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The syllabus of Civil Services examination for recruitment to different services is very vast. If you will analyze the syllabus properly, you will come to conclusion that its contents are mainly from subjects like Economics, Science and Technology, Geography, History, Political science and Constitution.

You will have to focus on all these subjects to clear the different stages of this exam like preliminary exam, mains exam and personal interview. Graduates in any discipline are eligible to apply for Civil Services exam. Minimum age required is 21 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?