15th October 2018, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

Which subject would be more suitable for me in CTET paper 2?

I did 12th with Mathematics (PCM), graduated with plain commerce, did B.Ed with Social Science and Economics. Now, I wanted to appear for CTET paper 2. But which subject should I choose for CTET paper 2 and for which subject am I eligible for teaching? I am interested to teacingh English.

21st January 2020, 11:46 PM
sarika1993

Default Re: Which subject would be more suitable for me in CTET paper 2?

CTET Paper II is conducted for the recruitment of teachers for class V to VIII. CTET Paper II comprises of total 4 sections namely Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I, Language II and Mathematics and Social Science or Social Studies. For sections Language I, Language II and Mathematics and Social Science or Social Studies, Applicants will have to choose the subject according to their qualification and interest. You are interested to become a English teacher, You should choose the English subject as your language.I think you should choose the subject social studies as you completed B.Ed with Social Science and Economics.

CTET Paper II Eligibility
You must have passed bachelor's degree in relevant discipline with at least 50% marks and passed 2 years diploma in elementary education or 4 year bachelor of elementary education or B.Ed course from a recognized university.
OR
You must have passed senior secondary with at least 50% marks and passed 4 year bachelor of elementary education or B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed or B.A/B.Sc.Ed from a recognized university.

CTET Important Dates
- Registration Starts : 19th March, 2020
- Registration Ends : 30th April, 2020
- CTET Application Form Correction : 4th May - 10th May, 2020
- Admit Card Available : 20th June, 2020
- CTET Exam Date : 8th July, 2020
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?