11th November 2019, 12:40 PM
avrail

Syllabus and pattern of IPS exam

Respected Sir/Madam, I want to become an IPS Officer. I am studying in BTech right now. Can I get the paper pattern and the syllabus of IPS exam? I want to start preparation from now. So, I need to know about the syllabus as well as the pattern.

13th November 2019, 05:45 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Syllabus and pattern of IPS exam

To become an I.P.S Officer, you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service Examination.

The examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted in three stages :-

Preliminary.

Mains.

Interview.

You can start the preparation by reading NCERT books and make habit of reading newspaper as well as writing practice to qualify in the examination.

To get detail information about the syllabus for each paper of the Mains examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
13th November 2019, 07:21 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Syllabus and Pattern of IPS exam:

Paper - 1, Essay( Language of candidates choice)

Paper - 2, General Studies - 1 (Culture and Indian heritage history and geography of the world and Society)

Paper - 3, General Studies - 2( Constitution, governance, Social Justice, polity and international relations)

Paper - 4, General Studies -3( Economic development, Technology, environment and biodiversity, disaster management and security)

Paper - 5 General Studies- 4( Aptitude, integrity and ethics)

Paper - 6 Optional Subject

Paper - 7 Optional Subject
14th November 2019, 03:23 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Services.

The educational qualifications required for the IPS examination mentioned below:-

1. Candidates must have completed their graduation degree in any discipline from any recognised college or university.

2. Final year candidates are also eligible.

3. Age limit:- 21-30 years.

4. Age relaxation:- 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

5. Nationality:- Indian.

These are the selection process or, pattern of IPS examination:-

1. Preliminary Exam.

2. MAINS Exam.

3. Personnel Interview.

These are the syllabus of IPS examination:-

1. Preliminary Exam Paper 1:- General Studies:- Current Topics, History, Geography, Politics, etc.

2. Paper 2:- Comprehension and Analytical Ability.

3. MAINS Exam:- General Awareness, Testing the Candidate’s Understanding, Comprehension, Analytical Abilities, Reasoning, Decision-Making, and Problem-Solving Skills.
14th November 2019, 08:06 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

IPS refers to Indian Police Service and to become an IPS officer, one is required to qualify the Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

As far as you are concerned about the syllabus and examination pattern of the Civil Services examination, then the same can be downloaded from the official link of UPSC www.upsc.gov.in.
15th November 2019, 05:17 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

To become an I.P.S Officer, you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service Examination. It is conducted by UPSC.

The examination is conducted in three stages. So, you have to appear and qualify in all three stages ( Preliminary, Mains, Interview ) for final selection.

Preliminary stages consists of two paper - Paper I and Paper II ( CSAT ). Both the paper are objective based.

Mains - Subjective paper. There will total 7 paper of 250 marks each.

For detail information about each paper and syllabus or previous year paper visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?