31st May 2017, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

Is there any alternative way to do M.Tech after B.Sc in Zoology?

I am doing my B.Sc in zoology. So can I pursue M.Tech or can I get admission for M.Tech? Is there any alternative way to do M.Tech after B.Sc in zoology?

31st May 2017, 09:58 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any alternative way to do M.Tech after B.Sc in Zoology?

M.Tech stands for Master of Technology. The admission in Master of Technology is given on basis of Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering rank. The qualification required for GATE is that candidate must have done bachelor's degree in engineering or technology from a recognized university.

Candidates who have done Master's degree in science or computer applications are also eligible for GATE exam. After B.Sc, you need to pursue Master of Science to become eligible for M.Tech entrance examination.
31st May 2017, 11:22 AM
LiyaSharan

Thumbs up Re: Is there any alternative way to do M.Tech after B.Sc in Zoology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am doing my B.Sc in zoology. So can I pursue M.Tech or can I get admission for M.Tech? Is there any alternative way to do M.Tech after B.Sc in zoology?
You may can join for M.Tech in Food Technology or M.Tech in Bio Technology after completing your MSc in Zoology. That is the only way to do an MTech course for you as a BSc Zoology student. Anyhow it will give you more opportunities in the bio science industry. Some of the leading institutes offering courses like MTech Food Technology, M.Tech Biotechnology etc are IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, SRM university, Lovely Professional University etc. You may can avail scholarships and good placement opportunities in some of the universities.
31st May 2017, 12:19 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

As you have completed your BSc in zoology so you are not eligible to pursue Masters in technology because for that a candidate must have completed their graduation in technology from a recognised University. You have completed your graduation in medical stream and it is obvious that medical students are not eligible to enter into Engineering College after.
You must try for your post graduation or other entrance exams to get job but M .Tech is not for you.
31st May 2017, 01:41 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

To pursue Master of Technology which is a post graduation course, a candidate must have passed Bachelor of Technology 4 year degree course or any other engineering course from a recognised University with minimum 50% marks.
As you have passed your graduation with BSc in zoology, so you are not eligible to pursue Master of Technology post graduation course. You can pursue MCA, MBA, MSc etc.
31st May 2017, 04:15 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot do Mtech after completing B.Sc in zoology but you have can do M.Sc in zoology.

After completing M.Sc in zoology you can join in Mtech. So you need to complete you graduation then complete M.Sc and join in Mtech.

Some colleges conduct entrance exam for admission. You can even attend the entrance exams conducted by the state boards and central boards or university entrance exams and get admission based on the marks.
31st May 2017, 10:39 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Bachelor of Science Candidates are not eligible for Master of Technology course. The eligibility criteria for M.Tech is:

1. Bachelor of technology or engineering candidates or master's degree in science candidates can apply for GATE exam for M.Tech.

If you are interested to pursue M.Tech then you must first pursue Master of Science course.
31st May 2017, 11:24 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

I do not think that you are eligible to pursue M.Tech after B.Sc in Zoology

For M.Tech degree, one must have graduation in B Pharma or M.Sc in life sciences or health sciences

To join M.Tech course, you have to complete the Master's degree in zoology first. And this will be better options for you now.
1st June 2017, 12:32 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

M.Tech stands for Master of Technology.

There is no alternative way to do Master of Technology after Bachelor of Science in Zoology. Only Master of Science candidates can apply for GATE exam for M.Tech course.

B.Sc candidates are not eligible for M.Tech course.
1st June 2017, 12:33 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible for M.Tech. You can directly apply for it. You need not to worry.

Eligibility criteria are as under:-

Candidate must have completed their graduation from a recognized university.

Candidate must have scored at least 50 percent in graduation.

There is no upper age limit.
1st June 2017, 12:52 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

There is no alternative way to pursue Master of Technology after Bachelor of Science.

Eligibility criteria for Master of technology:

Bachelor of Technology or engineering from a recognized university.

Master of science candidates can also apply for GATE exam for admission in M.Tech.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?