26th November 2016, 12:27 PM
N.kottairaj

Is there any benefits for Ex Servicemen's Child in Gate exam?

Respected Sir, I am an Ex Servicemen and my son is studying in class 12th and he will be applying for gate exam for Civil Engineering. I want to know are there any benefits for Ex Servicemen's Child in Gate exam? If yes then please tell me about it as soon as possible.

30th November 2016, 12:24 AM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is there any benefits for Ex Servicemen's Child in Gate exam?

GATE is a national level exam and the minimum eligibility criteria for getting eligible for this exam is that student must possess graduation degree (B.Tech/B.E). So your son is not eligible as he is still studying in class 12th.

>>No, you will not get any benefit for your child as you are Ex-Servicemen. In GATE exam only SC/ST/OBC and PwD candidates get benefit in terms of qualifying marks, cost of application fee as well as allotment of colleges. You will be treated as general candidate.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?