16th January 2019, 04:25 PM
Vishwa desai

Is there any height limit for pursuing Air Plane Pilot course? Which course to study?

I'm female and I'm 154 cm tall. Can I pursue my dream of becoming Airplane Pilot? Is there any height restriction? Which course to study for Airplane Pilot? From, where to study? How much will it cost me?

29th April 2020, 07:10 AM
huzaifaantuley

Default Re: Is there any height limit for pursuing Air Plane Pilot course? Which course to study?

For pursuing Airplane Pilot Course you need to meet the below requirements:
1) 10+2 cleared in science background with minimum 50% marks in PCM.
2) The age should be minimum 18 years.
3) You should clear Class II medical examination approved by DGCA approved Doctor.
4) Minimum height of 152 cm for women
If you meet the above requirements then you can proceed further.

After 12th you need to join a Flying School where you will complete your CPL (Commercial Pilot Training) course. It takes about 18-24 months in which you need to complete minimum 200 Flying hours. There you will be trained on smaller aircrafts like Cessna,etc

After getting your CPL you need to go for Type Rating. In Type Rating you are certified to fly certain type of aircraft in your Pilot Career. It takes about 1 month or less depending upon your performance to complete Type Rating.

The combined cost of CPL and Type Rating can vary from 50 Lakhs up to 1 Crore depending upon the institute you join.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?