7th January 2020, 06:08 PM
Unregistered

Is there any issue while applying for UGC NET exam after having few years of gap between Master's?

Hello, I have completed my 1st year of M.Com and due to my family problems I couldn't complete 2nd year. So if now I complete my M.Com with 2 year of gap between 1st and 2nd year does it affect UGC NET exam?

9th January 2020, 10:22 PM
Afna Sulaiman

Default Re: Is there any issue while applying for UGC NET exam after having few years of gap between Master's?

Hi,The gap not really affect your opportunity to write UGC NET exam.You can write NET exam while studying your masters from a recognized university .The thing you should be aware of is that make sure that you will be able to add your master's details within 2 years after cracking NET.
Good Luck!
10th January 2020, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is there any issue while applying for UGC NET exam after having few years of gap between Master's?

The gap between these years not really affect the registration for UGC NET examination.You can attempt the exam if you are doing masters from a UGC recognized university .The only thing you should be aware of is that you should be able to add your MSC details within 2 years after cracking NET exams.Prepare well for the exam .And in my opinion you can start attempting the test from the final year of Master's so that your NET result would be valid if you successfully cracked the exam.
Good Luck!
10th January 2020, 02:36 PM
Afna Sulaiman

Hi.
There is no such issues for applying NET examination even if you do it with a gap or not.The only thing you should be aware of is that the university should be UGC recognized.The result will not be valid if you failed to submit the master%s details once you cracked NET examination .So it would be better for you to seriously go for net from the last years of masters .You can really attend the exam from the year you joined for masters
GOOD LUCK!
10th January 2020, 10:18 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The first thing I would like to let you know that the minimum education required to apply for UGC NET examination is a Master's degree in concerned subject with at least 55% marks aggregate from a recognised university. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed in case of candidates from SC/ST and PH category candidates.

So, having completed your M.Com. degree course even with gap within the academic degree course if you have managed to complete your master's degree from recognised university with the minimum specified marks in your Master degree course.

For more detailed information and FAQs associated with UGC NET eligibility, you can refer to the link www.ntanet.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?