23rd May 2023, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

Is there any possiblity of repeating 11 and 12th CBSE board to become a Doctor?

Sir i have completed 12th previous year in tamilnadu state board i had taken computer - maths group in 12th std. Now my desire is i want to become a doctor is there any possibilities of repeating 11 and 12th in CBSE board please answer my question sir

26th May 2023, 12:11 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any possiblity of repeating 11 and 12th CBSE board to become a Doctor?

Yes, you can repeat Class 11th and Class 12th with the CBSE board having completed the same once with Tamil Nadu State Board to pursue an undergraduate degree course in medical fields like MBBS, BDS, BHMS, BAMS, etc. in order to become a doctor later.

Further, to pursue an undergraduate degree course in the medical field, you will be required to qualify NEET(National Eligibility cum Entrance Test)-UG and for appearing in the same examination, you need to have completed your Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology as main subjects with at least 50% (or 40% in case you belong to reserved category) marks in aggregate in PCB subject combination from a recognized board of education.

For complete details regarding NEET-UG, you can refer to the link https://neet.nta.nic.in/.
28th May 2023, 09:20 PM
Aayushikumar

Default Re: Is there any possiblity of repeating 11 and 12th CBSE board to become a Doctor?

Yes for sure you can repeat 11th and 12 in cbse board just make to give your best and Crack the entrance test in one go fighting
29th May 2023, 07:04 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

If you want to become a doctor in India, one of the common paths is to pursue a Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree.

The eligibility criteria for MBBS admissions vary depending on the institution, but typically it requires completing 10+2 education with a background in science (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) and meeting the minimum qualifying marks set by the respective medical entrance exams.

If you have completed your 11th and 12th grade education through the CBSE board and did not meet the eligibility criteria for MBBS admissions or did not achieve the desired marks, you do have the option to repeat those years. By repeating 11th and 12th grade, you can focus on improving your grades and aiming for higher marks, which could increase your chances of getting into a medical college.

Additionally, apart from the academic requirements, you will also need to appear for the respective medical entrance exams, such as the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) or AIIMS entrance exam, and achieve a competitive score to secure admission into a medical college.
29th May 2023, 07:56 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

If you want to become Doctor, in future, you will have to appear and qualify in NEET. The eligibility to apply for NEET is that candidate must have passed bachelor std 12th with PCB as main paper from a recognised board.

So, if you are not pursuing std 12th with PCB, then you are not eligible to appear for NEET examination and not eligible to become Doctor.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?