5th February 2018, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

Is there any relaxation for Schedule Caste category candidates for NEET and AIIMS exam?

I belong to Schedule Caste category. I secured 54% in class 12th board exams. Can I fill the form of NEET and AIIMS in Schedule Caste category? Will I get any relaxation being in this category?

11th February 2018, 03:45 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any relaxation for Schedule Caste category candidates for NEET and AIIMS exam?

NEET stands for National Eligibility Entrance Test.

AIIMS stands for All India Institute of Medical Science.

You must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 12th from a recognized board.

Percentage criteria for both exam differs:

For AIIMS exam, General and OBC candidate must have at least aggregate 60% in PCB and English. For SC/ST candidates, it is 50%.

For NEET exam, it is 50% for General and OBC candidates and for SC/ST candidates it is 45%.

You can apply both exam. Minimum age limit for both exam is 17 years.
11th February 2018, 03:46 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any relaxation for Schedule Caste category candidates for NEET and AIIMS exam?

NEET is conducted by CBSE every year. The examination is conducted for admission in MBBS and BDS course.

The required eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main paper.

The upper age limit is 17 years with relaxation for reserved category. For SC/ST - 5 years of relaxation.

Candidate must have scored minimum 50% in PCB ( relaxation for OBC and SC/ST )for appearing in NEET.

For detail information about examination visit at www.cbseneet.nic.in.
11th February 2018, 07:28 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NEET ( National Eligibility cum Entrance Test ) and AIIMS ( All Indian Institute of Medical Science ) MBBS entrance examination are two national level medical entrance examination which is held for offering admission in undergraduate medical degree course across any medical of India.

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in above mentioned examinations having completed your Class 12th with 54% marks ( provided your stream of academics include PCB as main subjects ) and belonging to SC category then I would like to let you know that you are eligible for both the mentioned examinations as the minimum marks requirement in Class 12th for SC category candidates is 40% in case of NEET and 50% in case of AIIMS MBBS entrance examination.

Apart from educational qualification, your age must lie within 17 years to 30 years for appearing in these examinations as you belong to SC category.

For more details regarding NEET and AIIMS MBBS entrance examinations you can refer to their respective official links which are www.cbseneet.nic.in and www.aiimsexams.org.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?