24th July 2013, 09:44 PM
rohiniyadavrao

Is there any scope for IAS after doing IIT?

At present i am in class tenth i am deciding for my future so please tell me that are there any scopes for ias .i have decided that first i will do iit and after that ba ad ma and than ph.d and than i will apply for ias exams so please help me take te right decision.

4th July 2014, 04:55 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is there any scope for IAS after doing IIT?

First of all start with coaching for IIT JEE at class 11. Most of the students aspiring to join IIT prefer the Yearlong Classroom Contact Programmes in Class-XI or XII. Formal school education goes with the IIT-JEE and other engineering / medical / similar entrance or scholarship examinations preparations.
You have to score above 60 per cent aggregate in class 12. For getting into the IIT, you have to appear in the Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) which is a common admission test for students seeking admission to undergraduate programmes of all IITs. Initially you have to appear as a candidate in the JEE (Main) which is conducted by JEE Apex Board, in the month of April. JEE(Advanced) is conducted by IITs in the month of June. Only the top 1,50,000 scorers in JEE (Main), which includes students from all categories (GE, OBC (NCL), SC, ST and PD) will be eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced). The JEE (Advanced) have two objective type papers. Each paper will consist of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Duration of each paper will be 3-hours.
In case IAS, UPSC conducts the examinations comprises of three sections Preliminary Examination which covers objective type questions, Mains which is subjective type questions and personal interview questions. On selection, you will gone for training which includes rigorous physical training. In Junior Scale, a new recruit joins at this pay scale and has a basic pay of INR 15,600-39,100. Also you will have Grade Pay of INR 5400. After serving two years as a probationary officer, a new IAS recruit gets posted as a sub collector or a SDO.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?