11th August 2020, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

Is there any university or colleges offering direct 2nd year admission in MCA through lateral entry route?

I have done M.Sc. Computer Science from Vinayaka Missions University, Tamil Nadu through distance mode. Now, I want to do MCA for fulfilling the criteria for my promotion in my job. Can I get admission in any college for lateral entry in MCA? Could you tell me about any such university?

13th August 2020, 01:02 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is there any university or colleges offering direct 2nd year admission in MCA through lateral entry route?

The state-level exams for MCA and lateral entry MCA are the same.You need to crack entrance exam like MAH MCA CET,TS ICET,AP ICET,Karnataka PGCET,UPSEE,OJEE

Below are the list of MCA colleges admission through lateral entry:-
i) IIMT University ( IIMTU) , Meerut
ii)National Institute Of Technology ( NIT TRICHY) , Tiruchirappalli
iii)National Institute Of Technology ( NIT WARANGAL) , Warangal
iv)Jawaharlal Nehru University , New Delhi
v)National Institute Of Technology ( NIT) , Mangalore
vi)UNIVERSITY OF HYDERABAD ( UOH) , Hyderabad
vii)Motilal Nehru National Institute Of Technology ( MNNIT) , Allahabad
viii)National Institute Of Technology ( NIT CALICUT) , Calicut
ix)National Institute Of Management ( NIM) , Mumbai
x)Vellore Institute Of Technology ( VIT ) , Vellore

Eligibility:- The candidates must have a regular BCA degree with a minimum of 50% of
marks
or

Candidates who have passed B.Sc in Computer Science and B.Sc in Information Technology (IT) are eligible for direct 2nd-year admission in MCA.

###Before taking any decision please go through admission procedure ,fee,college feedback,atmosphere
13th August 2020, 05:20 PM
ayesha0610

Default Re: Is there any university or colleges offering direct 2nd year admission in MCA through lateral entry route?

Yes, you can do MCA through a lateral route from different universities. i.e.
1. T John College.
2. Brindavan College.
3. Brindavan College of Engineering.
4. The Oxford College of Engineering
The above colleges are situated in Bangalore. Apart from that, you can do from
1. RCC Institute of Information Technology. Here is the link of the university website:
https://www.rcciit.org/admission/mca.aspx
2. Amity University.
Link: https://www.amity.edu/Lateral/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?