10th May 2011, 02:37 PM
Mous

Is there any way to continue studies after being an IAS? Is it possible to do M.Tech after being an IAS?

Is there any way to continue with studies after being an IAS? I realize the fact that responsibilities will be high but still if i manage to not let my studies effect my duties, is this possible to do M.Tech after being an IAS? I don't want to join IGNOU.

15th May 2011, 09:34 PM
Gita Irudhayaraj
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Is there any way to continue studies after being an IAS? Is it possible to do M.Tech after being an IAS?

yes, if you have age eligibility you can join M.Tech in the colleges.And also you should have educational qualifications.

All the best.
18th May 2011, 07:14 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Is there any way to continue studies after being an IAS? Is it possible to do M.Tech after being an IAS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mous View Post
Is there any way to continue with studies after being an IAS? I realize the fact that responsibilities will be high but still if i manage to not let my studies effect my duties, is this possible to do M.Tech after being an IAS? I don't want to join IGNOU.
Its a tough question to be answered as we are not IAS officers but there is no official information upto my knowledge

there is no rules which are visible to common person regarding this but I think you'll be busy in your works as IAS is not a simple task

that too a freshly recruited IAS will be under senior officials so it is practically not possible to take any other commitments like M.Tech

these need a classroom coaching where an IAS officer cannot spare time in that way so you drop your plans of studying something else

as you are opting scope oriented services i didn't understood why you are thinking about M.Tech after your life is settled as an officer

if you want to do M.Tech for sure then do it before you take your IAS attempt then you can fulfill your dream and also your desire to become IAS

you should take up your services without tensions like M.Tech or anything else

as you have to serve to the mankind you should fully dedicate your time to this concern rather than using it for your personal things

these 35 years of service is very crucial and important for an officer

you should not get any blackmarks or like in this service

keep all commitment away and concentrate only on your services so you will be well awarded and get high respect

Regards

~AdityA~
18th May 2011, 04:13 PM
Ankur agrawal

Default Re: Is there any way to continue studies after being an IAS? Is it possible to do M.Tech after being an IAS?

Quote:
Hii Mous ,

Ya definately you will jion the MTech. , if you manage the condition any university wil offer you to jion that ..
f you want the admission in higher university so you should apper on their perticular entrance exam ..

Good luck
Thanks ,
Ankur
18th May 2011, 07:21 PM
mandiv

Default Re: Is there any way to continue studies after being an IAS? Is it possible to do M.Tech after being an IAS?

yes dear you can do m.tech if you have age eligibility that is not more than 27 years..........
best of luck
22nd January 2012, 12:41 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI,
I think you are not decided you aim as yet.
After I.A.S you are the first person who think about M.Tech or other course.
After I.A.S you have to serve the nation. If you want to do your study then don't chose I.A.S as you aim.

There are lot to work to do in I.A.S. There is no time to study.

You decide what you want to do I.A.S or M.Tech.

good luck!
31st January 2012, 10:46 PM
despire007

Ya definately you will jion the MTech. , if you manage the condition any university wil offer you to jion that ..
f you want the admission in higher university so you should apper on their perticular entrance exam ..

Good luck
Thanks ,
14th October 2012, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
The Central Government has sponsored the Scheme of 'Partial Funding of Foreign Study', as a component of the Plan Scheme of 'Domestic Funding of Foreign Training' (DFFT) for IAS officers.As per a circular received by the office of Chief Secretary, Haryana from the Training Division, Department of Personnel and Training, Government of India, the officers who have completed at least nine years of service in the grade and having at least eight years of service left for superannuation, are eligible to apply under the Scheme.An officer can avail of the scheme only once in his or her entire career and who has availed of 'study leave' in the past will also be eligible. An officer who has been on long term foreign training may become eligible under the scheme only after a cooling off of five years. The officer should not have any departmental proceedings pending or contemplated against him or her and there should be no standing adverse entry in the ACRs of the officer.The foreign study programme should be in an area that is directly related to his or her career in the government. This, however, needn't be linked only to his or her present assignment, but also be linked to possible future assignments. Funding for the programme may be considered for Post Graduation, Ph.D. and all regular MBA courses being undertaken by the officers of Group 'A' Services.The courses for which admission has been secured will be approved on a case-by-case basis by the Central Establishment Board (CEB), based on the recommendations of the concerned cadre controlling authorities on the ground of public interest and relevance to the government, the concerned service and to the officer.$35,000 for first year study and $45,000 for second year study would be given to the officers for programmes in top 30 universities under Times Higher Education World University ranking. $25000 for first year study and $35,000 for second year study for programmes in top 31 to 100 universities under Times Higher Education World University ranking would be given with an additional five programmes recommended by the cadre controlling authorities and identified sectoral and region based programmes not figuring in top 30 universities under Times Higher Education World University ranking.To encourage officers to avail of programmes of their interest in different geographical locations for wider exposure to the best international practices and cross cultural practices, the competent authority has also approved that the relevant programmes in following universities shall also be considered eligible for partial funding. These included top 10 British and European Universities as per US News and World Report's ranking, top 10 Asian and Middle Eastern (other than Indian) universities as per same report ranking. Also, top five Australian and New Zealand Universities and top five Canadian Universities as per US News and World Report's ranking.

Source: Internet.
26th October 2013, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

why do ias officers go abroad??which higher studies do they opt??is it related to their field or something else??
9th March 2014, 07:29 AM
Unregistered

How many years of service is required to take a study leave for an IAS Officer to continue his higher studies in iIndian
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?