29th August 2012, 06:15 AM
Unregistered

Tips on scoring 75% in Maths exam?

I have been having a hard time with my Maths and dont know if I'll do well in my exam.Math is really complicated with of this numbers and addtions,subtraction etc..

14th November 2012, 07:19 PM
August
Senior Member+

Default Re: Tips on scoring 75% in Maths exam?

Hi,

First of all be positive about learning Maths and start to love the subject.

A positive mind setup towards this subject learning will almost make your learning easy.

Try the below steps to improve in the subject:

1 . Learn the fundamentals like addition ,substraction, multiplicatio , division etc.

2. Try to remember simple rules and note them down for future references.

3. Math is a subject of practice . more you practice more you will learn . go slow and practice every day like solve five problems a day.

4. Take better teacher help .

Thanks
14th November 2012, 08:06 PM
potensis
Senior Member++

Mathematics is such a subject which even if you want, you cannot learn by reading. To learn mathematics there is only one thing i.e practice. You need to practice a lot to improve your mathematics skills. Formulas might seem difficult and boring at times but then remember, once when you start solving the sums, nothing is more interesting than maths subject. When you struck in some sums refer your teachers or seniors or even your parents (if they have adequate knowledge of mathematics).
If you have a distracted mind you will face difficulties solving the problems. You must concentrate and enjoy your sessions when you are practicing mathematics, you will do better.

I would also like to inform you that there isn't any formula to score 75% or more in mathematics except practicing.
15th November 2012, 11:07 AM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Hello,
See mathematics is a subject that people have two types of opinion in. Few people love it and have a grip on it. The rest although like it and use on a daily basis, are afraid because of their mistakes made in it. Now to gain 75% or more in mathematics, the level of these mistakes has to be made less. So for that you can follow the few steps that I mention here:
1)Maintain a copy for practicing the different subject of mathematics.
2)Practice those topics of mathematics that you feel you are weak in, everyday. This will build your confidence up.
3)Tell your parents or guardians to take a test for you within a stipulated time and ask them to check on your mistakes made. This will prevent you repeating such mistakes.
4)Buy some reference book on mathematics like the one written by R.D. sharma, to practice more different types of sums and have a deeper knowledge in the subject.
29th November 2012, 08:42 PM
Unregistered

M very good at maths bt the prblm is i get bored soon n m very bad at trignometry, calculus z a clsoed book for me, pls help me..
31st May 2013, 03:00 AM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

>> Here are some useful tips to score more than 75% in mathematics examination :-
* Divide your time :-
Make sure you have divided you time in preparing different sections according to the time you have and the comfort ability with different sections.
* List of Formulae :-
Have a list of formulae that are most important and make sure that you memorize them all. Practising them in different problems always helps to crack them.
* Practice Hard :-
Do not forget the fact that Maths comes only with practice, if you go for exam just by learning the method, in most cases you will end up nowhere in solving the problem.
* Stay Calm :-
Staying calm just before exam day is very important, just revise your formulae and basics before exam, otherwise having a stressed mind in maths exam can really ruin your efforts.
* Don't be Over-Confident :-
Confidence before any exam is good but over confidence can lead to misunderstanding and leaving out problems in doing the exam quickly.
> Hope this will help you . . .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?