12th May 2011, 09:46 PM
Unregistered

Which are the various branches in Engineering? What do I have to do to get a seat in any engineering college in Kerala?

am studying in class 12.i like to do engineering.but i dont know about the various types of engineering.i want to know what and all i'll have to do to get a seat in any engineering college in kerala.and am not going for any entrance coaching.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get a seat in College of Engineering Thiruvananthpuram Kerala or in Government Engineering College Thrissur Kerala for M.Tech after scoring 345 score with 8011 rank in Electrical Engineering?
  2. Can I get engineering seat in any government engineering college in Kerala after scoring 44337
  3. How many subjects are available for B.Tech students in india
  4. Will I get a seat in government/aided engineering college in Kerala after scoring 14581 rank in Kerala EEE? Fees of the self financing colleges? Number of seats for engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Details on Mechanical Engineering seat availability for Engineering Colleges in Kerala?
  6. Can I get a seat in any engineering college after scoring 57626 engineering college?
  7. Any chance to get a merit seat in government engineering college after scoring 204 marks in Kerala Engineering entrance exam?
  8. After scoring 92% marks in 12th Public Exam and 15000 in Kerala Exam can I get a seat in Government Engineering College?
  9. Can I get a seat in Government Engineering College in Kerala for M.Tech under OBC reservation after scoring 306 and 905 rank with 23.33 marks in Electrical Engineering GATE?
  10. Will I get a seat in any government college or model engineering college, Thrikkara after scoring 407 in GATE? I am from Kerala
  11. Admission to merit seat in any self financing engineering college in Kerala?
  12. Will I be able to get a seat in government college after writing Kerala engineering entrance? How much marks should I score for government seat in Medicine?
  13. Minimum marks required in Kerala KEAM entrance exam to get computer engineering seat? Which college can I get?
  14. What are the total number of engineering colleges in Kerala?
  15. Best course to start up with Diploma in Fire & Safety crash course?
  16. Can I get a seat in government engineering college Kerala for M.Tech course under OBC reservation after scoring 306 and 9095 rank with 23.33 marks in Electrical Engineering(GATE)?
  17. Which diploma course is better with 80% marks in SSC? -- [New]
  18. Minimum rank and marks required to get a seat in mechanical engineering in Kerala government college through Kerala entrance exam for OBC student?
22nd May 2011, 01:48 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Which are the various branches in Engineering? What do I have to do to get a seat in any engineering college in Kerala?

For getting a seat in Engineering sector you need to go through the Kerala's Common Entrance Test examination.You cannot get a seat in Engineering with out going through the common entrance test.You even need to be from the PCM(Physics,Chemistry,Maths) group to go through the examination. If secured well in the common entrance test then you need to go through the counselling procedures after which you will be alloted a seat in Engineering.

Branches of Engineering
Well totally there are more than 35 branches of Engineering.Here i have mentioned a few of them:-
Aerospace Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science Engineering,Information technology Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Instrumentation and Control Engineering , Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering, Electronics and Communication, Environmental Engineering, Industrial Engineering..etc

The entrance exam will be held based on your 11th and 12th Syllabus hence go through standard books properly.Coaching will be even add your benefit to score well.
22nd May 2011, 02:22 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Which are the various branches in Engineering? What do I have to do to get a seat in any engineering college in Kerala?

Hi friend,

To join in engineering college in kerala you have an entrance exam and

you must clear that exam to join in engineering college in kerala. The

attachment shows you about all the details of the branches of engineering.
Attached Files
File Type: docx List of engineering branches.docx(26.8 KB, 176 views)
22nd May 2011, 02:24 PM
frooty.scooty

Default Re: Which are the various branches in Engineering? What do I have to do to get a seat in any engineering college in Kerala?

more than 50 branches in engineering .most of them are choosen only
IT-information techonology
ECE-electronics and communication engineering
cse-computer science
civil engineering and also eee.these are every body choosen branches
and ecm also it is good branch.
EAST POINT ENGINEERING COLLEGE IS BEST OF ONE IN KERALA
22nd May 2011, 08:21 PM
mandiv

hello..........
the list in engineering courses are given below:-
1. B.E. (Bachelor of Engineering)
2. Ceramic Engineering
3. Aeronautical/ Aerospace Engineering
4. Computer Engineering
5. Civil Engineering
6. Mechanical Engineering
7. Electrical Engineering
8. Chemical Engineering
9. Industrial engineering
10.Automobile engineering
11. Marine engineering
12. Environmental engineering
13. B.Arch (Bachelor of Architecture)
14. Textile engineering
15. information technology
so you may choose any one according to your interest.......
and for doing any of the course you need to appear in the state engineering exam conducted by every state.these exams are also conducted at national level like IIT , AIEEE...........
all the best
22nd June 2011, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

i want only various electronics branches
29th June 2011, 11:00 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
am studying in class 12.i like to do engineering.but i dont know about the various types of engineering.i want to know what and all i'll have to do to get a seat in any engineering college in kerala.and am not going for any entrance coaching.
List of B.Tech streams

Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) – Biotechnology
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) – Chemical Engineering
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) – Civil Engineering
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) – Computer Science & Engineering
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) – Electrical Engineering
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) – Aerospace Engineering
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) – Mechanical Engineering
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) – Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) – Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) – Engineering Physics
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) – electronics and communication.
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) – electronics and instrumentation.
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) – information technology.
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) – construction engineering
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) – food technology
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) – mining engineering
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) – rubber technology
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) – automobile

etc

all the best
29th June 2011, 11:04 PM
Unregistered

I like kinamatics in physics and also maths which engineering course i will choose?
26th August 2011, 08:35 PM
amaan khan ak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Its the neccessary part of engineering to get an admission in engineering university.If you want to get admission in engineering college then you should give state level entrance paper and based on the marit you can get admission in kerela unvercity.

You have so many options for you to choose any branch.
There are so many options are present
Computer science
Inforamtion technology
Electronics and communication
Electronics and instrumentation
Civil engineering
Mechenical engineering
Electrical enginering

These are some branchse of engineering which have so much scope.

Choose the best one which you have interest.

All the best
6th March 2012, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

y should we write aieee exam after our 12th standard
6th May 2013, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

i m of class 10 studying in hyderabad. i am not able to understand which branch should i choose
31st May 2013, 08:43 AM
Unregistered

i want a big scopped engneering cource which i want to select
3rd June 2013, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

WHICH TYPE OF ENGINEERING FIELD IS RELATED WITH MAKING CARS ENGINES
24th June 2013, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

I am an average student..i get 89 in 12 did i get a seat in merit..my rank in entrance is 19542
8th October 2014, 09:57 PM
Unregistered

what do we learn in Bio medical engineering course?
I
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?