13th February 2020, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

Are we eligible to do Chartered Accountancy course after Bachelor's of Arts - BA?

Hi, I have completed my BA with 45% and now I wish to study Chartered Accountancy - CA professional degree course. Am I eligible as I am from Arts background? If yes, then will I get exemption from CPT stage as I have only 45% in finals?

15th February 2020, 01:30 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are we eligible to do Chartered Accountancy course after Bachelor's of Arts - BA?

Even having completed your graduation in Arts stream, you are still eligible to pursue CA (Chartered Accountancy) course as the minimum education required to join the Foundation course in CA (i.e; Stage I of three staged CA course) is just a Class 12th in any discipline from a recognised board of education.

Further, to join Foundation course in CA, you are required to qualify CA CPT (Common Proficiency Test) held twice every year by ICAI.

Also, as you have managed to secure just 45% marks in your graduation degree course, so you are not eligible for CPT exemption as the minimum aggregate required in graduation degree course for CPT exemption is 55% in case of Commerce graduate while 60% in case of other stream graduates.

For complete details regarding CA course structure, registration process, and eligibility, you can refer to the link www.icai.org.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?