22nd December 2018, 02:12 PM
sourabhchoudhary02122000@

What is the age criteria to apply for Flying Officer in Indian Air Force?

Sir, I am 23 years old now and I have completed my graduation but sir I really want to join Air Force and want to become a Flying Officer but the age limit is given as 23. Since, I have not turned 24 yet so can I prepare for Flying Officer exam? Am I eligible? I need guidance.

30th December 2018, 12:12 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age criteria to apply for Flying Officer in Indian Air Force?

Being a graduate candidate, to join Indian Air force as a flying officer, you are required to qualify either CDS (Combined Defense Services) entrance examination or AFCAT (Air force Common Admission Test) . You can even join the same through NCC entry also.

Further, the age limit for joining as a flying officer is 20 years to 24 years. Upper age limit is 26 years in case of candidates holding current commercial pilot license issued by DGCA.

For more details regarding different entries available in Indian Air Force along with their respective eligibility criteria, you can refer to the link www.careerairforce.nic.in.
31st December 2018, 01:02 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the age criteria to apply for Flying Officer in Indian Air Force?

The acronym AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test.

Eligibility criteria for Flying branch:

Academic qualification: Bachelor of Technology from a recognized university.

Age limit is 20-24 years.

You can apply for Flying branch through AFCAT at age of 23 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?