4th March 2013, 12:18 AM
Unregistered

What is the age limit to apply for Indian CDC? I am 26 years old studying marine mechanical diploma course

i am 26 years old studied in marine mechanical diploma cource and i have stcw .pcc.huet .how the age limit for applying indian cdc

4th March 2013, 02:26 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age limit to apply for Indian CDC? I am 26 years old studying marine mechanical diploma course

CDC is Continuous Discharge Certificate issued by the Shipping Office of India.

Age Limit for CDC :

The age limit is different for different level of posts.

-Deck ,Engine and Catering rating trainees - between 18 and 25 years

-Utility Hand - Between 18 and 40 years

-For Petty Officers - Between 18 and 40 years of age

-Ex-Naval ratings - Upto 45 years of age

-Non-certificated Officers - Between 18 and 40 years.

So if you have above age then you can apply for CDC.

Educational Qualifications :

Deck, Engine, and Catering(Saloon) Trainee - Xth standard passed

Utility Hands - VIII standard passed

Petty Officer - Xth Std. passed with respective trade certificate from ITI (National Trade Certificate)(NTC) or National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC) or Diploma Certificates approved by the National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) or All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).

Purser/Ship’s clerk - A graduate with knowledge of accountancy and computer operation.

Electrical and Electronic Officer - Diploma or Degree in respective Branch from a Government recognized Polytechnic or recognized University
5th March 2013, 06:00 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What is the age limit to apply for Indian CDC? I am 26 years old studying marine mechanical diploma course

Dear There,

The acronym for CDS is Continuous Discharge Certificate.

The shipping Office of India issues CDS.

CDS is granted for the following posts:-

* Petty Officers:- 18-40 yrs.

* Non-certificated Officers:- 18-40 yrs.

* Deck ,Engine and Catering rating trainees:- 18-25 yrs.

* Ex-Naval ratings:- 45 yrs.

* Utility Hand:- 18-40 yrs.

* Purser/Ship’s clerk:- 18-40 yrs.

* Electrical and Electronic Officer:- 18-40 yrs.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
8th March 2013, 03:50 PM
mustafa tahasildar
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am 26 years old studied in marine mechanical diploma cource and i have stcw .pcc.huet .how the age limit for applying indian cdc

age limit
19-24 Years:Indian Military Academy
19-22 Years:Naval Academy
19-23 Years:Air Force Academy
19-25 Years:Officers’ Training Academy

exam held yearly twice

Notification of Examination:August and March
Conduct of Examination:February and August

http://www.upsc.gov.in

Exam Notice 02/2013-CDS-I dtd 10th November, 2012
please refer the attached papers
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 722BQP_3267english-4-2009.pdf(617.3 KB, 284 views)
File Type: pdf 721BQP_3268general_knowledge-3-2009.pdf(1.08 MB, 219 views)
File Type: pdf 720BQP_3269mathematics-2-2009.pdf(648.6 KB, 212 views)
File Type: pdf 714BQP_3255ENGLISH.pdf(449.3 KB, 197 views)
File Type: pdf 713BQP_3256GENERAL_KNOWLEDGE.pdf(1.13 MB, 222 views)
27th September 2013, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

is it possible to convert panama cdc to indian cdc?
28th November 2013, 04:09 PM
ncbala

i am serving in Indian navy as marine commando, i want to join in marine security job post retirement and that time my age will be 43 years. Can I get Indian CDC at that age?
28th July 2014, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

i was finished cateering and hotel management i want to work in shipping industries.
shall i know at what category i'm included
29th July 2014, 09:39 AM
Unregistered

I am Ex - Indian Navy communicator of rank Petty Officer Radio( Special ) retired from I.Navy and will be 45 years complete by second week of Oct 2014. Can I apply for CDC now?
What is the advantage of having Indian CDC and other nation's CDC ?
In case I get my CDC what shall be my job opportunities in Merchant Navy since I have only MBA (Mktg) Degree , NEBOSH IGC , Lead Auditor Course passed as mu current qualifications?
What shall be the courses I must undergo to get an attractive job in Merchant Navy after my CDC due my qualification are towards administration and management sectors?
21st March 2015, 07:38 PM
Unregistered

i am 24 years old, iam completed BE mechanicalengineering cource . the age limit for applying indian cdc
1st August 2015, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

I have 5 year cruise line experience. And I have marshal island .and Bahamas cdc can I apply indian cdc.
Thankyou
28th October 2015, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

I have completed Diploma in Electronics From NTTF( Nettur Technical Training Foundation). i would like to know whether iam eligible for any jobs related to marine. please help me ([email protected])
15th October 2016, 01:45 AM
Unregistered

I have completed BA economic course 2001 in Chennai. Now I am 38 years old. Can I apply cdc course? Which course will be helpful for me. Please help me to bring out.
Thanks regards
28th December 2017, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

I have done diploma in Electronic engineering form Govt Polytechnic Mahmoodabad Sitapur UP and I have been working in m/s ABG Shipyard Limited since Jan 2002. Now I want to get indian CDC , as my Date of birth is 01-02-1971. Please help me to get the same.
8th January 2018, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

I am Diploma in electrical engineer as well as age of 45 years completed. I dont have any cdc.
Am I eligible for cruise job?
8th January 2018, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

I am an Diploma in electrical Engineer with 20 years experience as well as age of 45 years completed. I dont have any cdc.
Am I eligible for work on cruise job?
11th April 2018, 05:27 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir, I am 39 years old. I have completed STCW course. I have apply for Indian cdc.
23rd May 2018, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

I'm 22 age and I have completed B.E (MECHANICAL ENGINEERING), Now i'm working in Saudi as a millwright technician(rotating equipment) will i get CDC at this age, If there is possibility please mail me - [email protected] . I need to know that how to apply CDC because I want to work in offshore. waiting for your reply thank you
5th October 2018, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am Diploma in electrical engineer as well as age of 45 years completed. I dont have any cdc.
Am I eligible for cruise job?
I have also completed Diploma and BE.E.E.E my age 40 years now I also try to apply cdc if you know any details please send me.

Thanks
3rd December 2018, 09:47 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir, I am 42 years old. I have Indos No. And start STCW course. I have apply for Indian cdc. Pls reply 09825550391
22nd August 2019, 11:51 AM
Unregistered

I am Srikanth from India Tamil nadu I am a onshore crane operator 15 years experience I have India cdc , STCW 2010 all CERTIFICATES, huet, PANAMA watch keeping, I like job offshore crane operator how to get freshers offshore crane operator job
22nd April 2020, 09:20 PM
Unregistered

I am Chief Engineer MEO Class 1 and my COC is expiring in August ,2020 . Also CDC in 2020 ! I am 69 years of age . I have been working on off shore diving vessel for last 4 years . Can I revalidate my COC & CDC for more two years or so .What is the upper age limit for revalidate the COC & CDC . E mail : [email protected]
24th April 2020, 11:55 AM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Exclamation Re: What is the age limit to apply for Indian CDC? I am 26 years old studying marine mechanical diploma course

Age limit to apply for Indian CDC:

CDC is mandatory to work on ships

CDC, a person has to be an Indian national of 18 years old, with an Indian passport and a Class 10 pass certificate, and has to complete five basic International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) safety courses

The entire process of getting Indian CDC is just less than a month.
24th April 2020, 06:37 PM
Vismithagowda

Age Limit for CDC :

The age limit is different for different level of posts.

-Deck ,Engine and Catering rating trainees - between 18 and 25 years

-Utility Hand - Between 18 and 40 years

-For Petty Officers - Between 18 and 40 years of age

-Ex-Naval ratings - Upto 45 years of age

-Non-certificated Officers - Between 18 and 40 years.

So if you have above age then you can apply for CDC.

Educational Qualifications :

Deck, Engine, and Catering(Saloon) Trainee - Xth standard passed

Utility Hands - VIII standard passed

Petty Officer - Xth Std. passed with respective trade certificate from ITI (National Trade Certificate)(NTC) or National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC) or Diploma Certificates approved by the National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) or All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).

Purser/Ship’s clerk - A graduate with knowledge of accountancy and computer operation.

Electrical and Electronic Officer - Diploma or Degree in respective Branch from a Government recognized Polytechnic or recognized University
2nd May 2020, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

My age 43 plumber technician i can apply CDC sir
14th June 2020, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

I'm 30 years old and doing job in offshore can I applying for CDC?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?