12th April 2020, 10:51 PM
Unregistered

What is called an Academic Gap?

After 12th I opted for B.Sc Physics hons and after two years of studying I dropped out and without wasting a year I joined engineering. Will that be considered as an academic gap?

15th April 2020, 11:00 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is called an Academic Gap?

Yes, that dropout course will be considered as academic gap. As you haven't completed that degree for defined duration, so it will be treated as an academic gap.

So, in case, if you are applying for any company to get job, then this academic gap can prohibit you in getting job.
15th April 2020, 04:13 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

It will be considered as academic gap because in those years of B.Sc Physics, the overall result is nothing.

In simple words, you wasted two years of your academics. Between your 12th and engineering degree if you complete there will be two years gap.
16th April 2020, 09:18 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

The gap between two courses of two different academic levels is called academic gap.

To the best of my knowledge, you will be considered as a candidate having 2 years academic gap.

The reason being you have not completed your B.Sc Physics and hence you won't get degree.

You joined B.Tech and after completion of this course, you will get B.Tech Degree.

If you completed your 10+2 in 2018, then you will be completing your B.Tech in 2024. Usually the companies expect it to be completed by 2022.
17th April 2020, 12:17 PM
Vismithagowda

that dropout course will be considered as academic gap. As you haven't completed that degree for defined duration, so it will be treated as an academic gap.

So, in case, if you are applying for any company to get job, then this academic gap can prohibit you in getting job.
17th April 2020, 03:02 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Angry Re: What is called an Academic Gap?

Academic gap is a time period between passing Intermediate and taking other new course.

In brief, students after passing 12th class, most of the student can't take the admission in college/university and they take admission after passing one year of his/her 12th class, then this one year time period is known as academic gap.

This gap,some students get career experience before you commit to an education path
19th April 2020, 10:33 PM
HarishGuri
Senior Member+

---The gap between 12th passing year and selecting another course.

--If the gap is more than 1 years then you have to submit the affidavit where their is briefly mentioning the gap with valid reason..
9th August 2020, 01:11 AM
deepikapandey9999

It is the Gap where you take one year rest from memorising books or sometimes learning about topics related to your major or Branch in which you are admitted, academic refers to the period of start of the course to the end of course for one year (eg. june 2016 to may 2017). There are many reasons for Gaps they might be due to failure in subjects due to which you are not eligible to continue for the next period, or due to own decision to take rest for an year and be perfect for future studies, or it might also be due to family problems where family needs you to pause your studies for a while and continue in later(most cases continue).
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?